Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1st of MANY Okoboji trips..


Let the traditions continue through another generation!! I remember growing up being a regular of Okoboji. When my Grandparents bought their place in 96' it became a ritual to hit the lake at least once a summer. The older I got the less I traveled up their because I was too busy with my friends back home!! What was I THINKING?!?! Now its John's turn to enjoy the benefits of having a place in Okoboji! We had to many firsts this weekend. I swear my baby turned into a toddler in a matter of a few short hours. So on to the pictures..there are a lot!

So into making funny faces right now

nose crinkle  

I can't describe the feeling that my heart gets when I see my Grandpa with John. It is unbelievable the bond that these two have already

LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of GG and John

new sunglasses GG got him

Who knew that boxes were so entertaining! 

Loves playing with his Aunt Lupe 

All smiles 

The sunset gave amazing light! He was staring at the lake in this picture

Mom why are you always taking my picture?

My favorite toes in the world

Laughing with Great Uncle Dennis. I swear John knows who the important men are in my life and just connects with them. Its amazing to see how much John just loves being around Uncle Dennis, I think Dennis may feel the same :)

First ride at Arnold's Park

He loved it!

Grandma Great was able to go on his first ride. Although I am not sure either one of them will remember this moment, it will be engraved in my heart for the rest of my life

Along with this moment, John's first boat ride!

Grandpa looks so happy!

He didn't even mind his life jacket

Getting swim lessons from Brocoli

he loved the water so much

Playing with the toys at the pool

Playing inside the condo!

Listening to Grandpa Great and Dons conversation about the "old days"

reading books

Tired baby and tired Mommy



John was such a trooper for the 3.5 hr ride up there and back! Thanks so much sweet boy!

Grandpa and Grandma Great bought John a high chair for the lake

O you wanted me to sleep?

Probably later 

The view from the Condo

Good Morning Mama!


Finally asleep :)

Loving our Popsicle after the pool

Swimming fun!!

Playing in the pool

Again with the pictures?!

He took naps on our boat rides

Of course loved swinging

how cute is he?!

watching the lake

first of many pictures of us by the lake

Boat Ride!

Grandma Great made this quilt for the lake..somehow it made it back home :)



 how lucky John is to have such young Great Grandparents who get to experience him growing up

Its amazing the help I received from everyone up there! 




Thanks so much to my Grandparents (Grandpa and Grandma Great to John) for having a place we can go and visit! Because of you two and your hard work we are able to carry these traditions down from generation to generation. Hopefully one day John will understand what this place means to me :)


+

No comments:

Post a Comment