As I was reading John a book today I read this page and it was truly something that I meant
"If I had a day that I could give you, I'd give to you a day just like today."
Today was a day that wasn't full of a million errands, or taking John to do special things. We had a perfect day at home where I didn't worry about the millions of things I need to get done for the wedding, or what we were out of. I just embraced everything about the day.
We had a special Friend spend a few hours with us. .Mr Griffin will be coming to hang with us a couple days a week. If all of his days are like today then we may have to borrow him more!! I was quite nervous about having a baby around for numerous reasons.
I know how hard babies can be then add a toddler and it could get tricky.
I was really nervous how John was going to deal with another baby having my attention. It has been a few months since he has had to share Mommy. The morning went so smooth I couldn't believe it!
It is so fun seeing John interact with a baby!! Griffin seemed to like John and me too :) Nothing is sweeter than cooing and smiling babies!
I wasn't sure if having Griffin around would give me baby fever..YES IT DID! I MEAN HOW SWEET ARE THE PICTURES ABOVE AND BELOW THIS!!
My doubt of the struggle went away when I started sending pictures to Griffin's Mommy and Daddy. There is no better feeling than knowing that your child is with someone who you can honestly trust. It is hard enough for a mommy to leave their little cub but when you do you want to know they are going to the best place possible. Thanks Amber and Dave for letting me borrow your sweet Griffy and trusting me and John to take the best care of him we can :)
I love reading to John, I tried to continue to the normal things we do during the day. This way John won't be jealous of Griffin getting all my attention. Griffin sure loved the book too!!
I love watching John do the things that I love for him to do. Its the simple things that really make you rethink your life.
I hope that days like today continue. I need to let go of the stress that I carry around. I need to stop worrying about the stupid things that after 2 months won't matter. Stress is always going to be there I just hope that days like today happen more often!! I guess its up to me to make it happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment