Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Days like today are the days that Moms dream about. 

The day where people acknowledge your hard work that you do 365 days of the year. 

The day dads stop and take the role of mommy, they worry about the perfect gift, the perfect meals, the poopy diapers, the wrestling down of a toddler to get him dressed, the dishes, and running a busy household. 

The day where I got to sit back and just enjoy my son. Enjoy his laugh, his beautiful smile, his curious attitude, his intelligent little brain, and just him. 

I will tell you, it was a nice change to not have to worry about everything, I even let John eat potato chips dipped in ketchup for dinner, and didn't stress about it...too much :) 

It was a a perfect day, one of the days I will never forget. Thank you to everyone that made it special. Especially my two boys! My life wouldn't be complete without either of you! 


Little man decided he needed to sleep in our bed last night. So I got to wake up to this smiley face :) 



He even shared his cookie with Mommy! 


Getting so big, he wanted to sit at the "kids" table at Grandpa and Grandma Greats! 


Fun with Mommy in the back seat 



I love when I capture these pictures of him looking at me, I have a feeling he loves me or he's trying to figure out what I'm doing. I'm going with love :) 


No big deal just climbing up the stairs to the swing set


going down the slide at My parents house! I was mortified but he loved it and acted like I was nuts for being worried! 


My heart feels full when I see pictures like this! 


Loving the trampoline! We caught a video of him jumping I will try and upload it soon!


We didn't have enough for Mom Loves You, so we settled for this :) 

And we threw in a spelling session, working on OUR last name! 



Snuggles with Mommy and Daddy before bed, my favorite part of the night. 




These two boys have taken my heart and have me wear it on the outside of my body everyday. I don't know what I would do without them, but I do know I have the world as long as I can stop my life long enough to capture these special moments between these two. I always read that the house will be dirty but the kids won't stay little forever, I must agree. I realize with John approaching 20 months that he is approaching 2 way too fast! Even if you ask him how old he is he tells you 3 and will argue with you until you're blue In the face!! 

So as I head to bed and watch little man sleeping in the monitor, 

I Thank God for blessing me with all that he has. I don't deserve this world but I know I will continue to be the best mother I can be. Not because I deserve the credit of being a good mom, but because my son deserves his mom to try and be the best mom she can be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment