Tuesday, October 4, 2016

You are 5 {John David}

Well as you have told me and numerous other people "you are FINALLY 5"
 

 
No we can't believe it either sweetheart. I am not sure where the time went but boy has it flown by.

I am sad to see 4 go, I think it has been my favorite age so far. Well besides the sweet newborn stage that will never not be my all time favorite :)
 
 
 
You are such a joy to be around.

You are super smart, and Im not just saying that because I am your mom. Well Maybe but still....
 
You taught yourself how to add...and are obsessed with doing "math problems"

You love sports and have really gotten into them this year. Mainly Karate and Tball. You love doing them but getting you there can be a little bit of a struggle and takes some convincing.
 

You love watching YouTube videos and know which ones are appropriate and which are not. Even though you still try and watch the inappropriate ones.

You did amazing at school last year and have done great so far this year.
 

You are outgoing enough to make new friends which is bittersweet as I am not the one you play with at the park anymore.

You pray to god for a mommy without 10 eyes because I have convinced you that I have eyes in the back of my head. One day you will understand that this is just a mommy superhero trait and what peripheral vision is!


You are TALL I mean super tall. I feel like you will be taller than be me in a few short years. I should probably stop carrying you by then :)

At your 5 year check up... you were 3'10" (95%) weighed 45lbs (73%) and your BMI was (18%) which just means you are tall and skinny. No surprise from me but I should be way skinnier carrying around a 45lb kid! ;)

You wear a size 13 shoe and size 6/7 clothes. Some shirts you wear are 7/8!!
You are a great big brother majority of the time. The patience you have for Broc is almost as much as I have with him. But just like mommy sometimes we lose our cool. You always say sorry and I can tell how guilty you feel after. In those moments my heart breaks for you because I know just how you feel. But I love the empathy that you have for others. You two are truly the best of friends. I love your giggle time and the times you two have conversations. You are lucky to have him as a little brother and he's lucky to have you as his big brother!
 
You have the sweetest heart, I mean the sweetest! There isn't a day that goes by that you don't tell me how much you love me. You are always thanking me when we go do fun stuff, or I make your favorite dinner.

Your favorite foods: You are still super picky but sometimes I can get you to eat a ton and other times you just pick at the food I give you.
                                   Breakfast: scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and french toast sticks.
                                   Lunch: you beg for lunchables and usually get your way once a week,
                                   Dinner: Chicken nuggets, mommy's homemade chicken noodle soup, and pizza
                                   Snacks: pop tarts, cereal bars, fruit snacks, and crackers (any and all kinds)
 
 
You love when you get to go hang with Daddy! Your eyes light up every time...and I love hearing about the adventures you went on or the naughty things that Broc did ;)
 
 
We have a strict rules of no electronics at the dinner table, You try almost every night to bring your ipad to the table and when I tell you to put it away you roll your eyes and say "but I dont want to talk about my favorite thing I did today!" I always win and I always love the conversations you me and Broc have. 
 
You were really into watching zombie videos for awhile and they scared you so now you won't go very far from me at night.

This includes middle of the night minor heart attacks that sometimes involve you going 90 mph into my bed, or earth shattering cries.  Majority of the time its just you cuddling next to me at random hours of the night. I have found a few nights that I woke up and you were there and I had no idea. Now that you are 5 we have agreed you have to sleep in your own bed all night...wish us both luck on this issue. :) Update----since it's taken me almost a month to finish this....you aren't sleeping in your own bed..John-1 Mommy-0
 
 
 Here are some pictures of your birthday! A Jawsome Themed cake and ice cream party with your family and a few friends. I figure this is probably the last year we can still combine your friends and family one. You spent the day surrounded by people who took time out of their busy life to spend a few hours celebrating you.  You are so lucky to be loved by them!
 
You got a new ipad from Daddy  and myself, plus a few small things the morning you woke up. Remind me to show you the video of you getting the Ipad...its one for the books!
  
Lunch at El Bee's
 
GG and Papa got you a new bike! You are obsessed and you helped me teach Broc to ride your old one so now you go on bike rides!
 
 
 
This is my life...you somehow always want me to still hold you and are always keeping me on my toes..I love every second of our craziness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Making aquariums with your friends!
 
 
 
 
 
Mommy forgot to get candles so the single yankee candle made do...We can't win them all right?
 
 
I think you had the best day and even had a sleep over with Brynn that night. You went to bed telling me thanks again for the best birthday party and your new ipad. Then kissed my cheek and went to sleep. I think my heart burst open! I couldn't tell Broc (who of course was still awake) because he would had took me seriously.
 
 
5 of my favorite things about you..
1. You are always wanting to learn new things. Whether it be adding, buckling your seat belt, cooking, or a new game. Your brain is constantly eager to gain more knowledge.
2. Your ability to apologize without even having to think about it. Majority of the time you mean it!
3.  How you love to snuggle with me on the couch. One day you won't even want to hang out with me but for now you still love to be right by me.
4. You are always encouraging Broc to do the right thing without me even asking you to.
5. Honestly John David, I just love you..every single ounce of you! Thanks again for choosing me to be your mommy, not a day goes by that I am not thankful for the challenge and feel like the luckiest mommy on the planet.
 
I love you more than anyone could ever love someone--Mommy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment