Thursday, January 3, 2019

2018 in Review

As of part of my 2019 resolution: I am going to try and update the blog more ofen. Getting on here I realized that I haven't blogged since 2017?! More than a year has gone by since I have been on updating you all. I will try and leave 2018 up to 2 posts each month....Eekk this could be hard to do.

Overall,

The boys are growing like weeds. They are both involved in sports, are wild as ever, Broc goes to daycare and John is in the 1st grade! John turned 7 in 2018 and is the average size of a 9 year old! Broc turned 4 and will actually be 5 in 3 short days! He is still my wild child :)

I am still working at Boys Town, have been there for 4.5 years! My schedule varies but mostly I am during the days which has worked on great with Broc in daycare. I struggled with John going to school but Broc is soo ready! He will have kindergarten round up here in a few months already and will start school in the fall! He is so eager to join John every day!



January-
 Santa brought these kids a trip to Great Wolf Lodge! They had so much fun with their cousins! It also brought Broc's 4th birthday with a celebration at his favorite place the bowling alley! 



February- 
we attended our always favorite Creighton Basketball! The boys live for their dip n dots and I live to watch them love basketball as much as me! I celebrated my 33rd birthday as well! John started his first year of basketball. He didn't have any game but loved doing their weekly clinics. 



March-
the three of us ventured to Colorado to see the mountains (the boys' first time) and visit our Aunt Jordan, Uncle Zach and Waylin! I can't tell you enough how beautiful the mountains are and seeing them through the boys eyes made it even better. I may have bit off more than I could chew with my single moms can do it all ways but we did survive! Thank god :) It will be a trip my boys will never forget! 






April-
 This month brought our New York Family here for Easter!! We loved having a week full of fun activities, a full house but even fuller hearts! This year would bring us a few times of seeing our New York Family, which we loved! The boys also started Tball/Baseball for the spring/summer! They really got into it this year! 



May-
 The end of the school year! We picked up John and his best friend and spent the day at the wildlife safari! The boys were obsessed with the jeep I borrowed, and John still to this day tells me that is was the best day ever! He even asked to do this same activity for his bday later in the year :) 
We also celebrated the carnival with the Brown family and had a super fun night riding rides, play games, bonding and watching the fireworks! 


June-
Okoboji trip! Broc was tall enough to ride some of the bigger rides with me. Although, he was brave I think we were both a little weary of ride and his size when we got on it! Round 2 went a little smother than the first time. 
Kayla from New York came and spent a week with us while my Aunt got my Grandma ready to move back to New York with them! We loved having her and think it should be a yearly tradition :) 



July-
the first picture makes me laugh so hard! Broc's face ate cement when he tried to surf on a skateboard! He insisted on the bandaids for days! The looks we got where so funny! 

Shark week is one of my favorite weeks and we were sure to celebrate it and watch it every day! I think my boys may love it as much as me. 

Vacation Bible School was at the end of the month and the boys loved to go! I taught Broc's class (never again) and we made some amazing memories with some of kiddos. We also learned a lot about how Jesus Rescues us when we are in need :)  





August-
 Summer was winding down, we loved spending pool days at Aunt Mary and Uncle Dennis's, sleeping in, playing in the backyard, riding bikes and loving our freedom of no specific bedtime! Broc learned to swim without a life jacket and John learned to dive into the deep end! 

I took off the last week of summer and we vacationed with the Brown's to King's Water Resort in Iowa. We spent a few days there living the life and making some amazing memories! 
August also brought the first day of 1st Grade for John and the first day of daycare for Broc as my hours for work changed. 




September- 
John turned 7 and both boys started Fall sports. Broc's first year of soccer was a success and John loved fall baseball as much as he loved summer!
They also spent a few days in Ozarks with daddy and their grandparents and great grandparents! They made a lot of fun memories and were missed by their mama so much! 




October-
 Vala's pumpkin patch time! As usual we love fall and the fun activities we get to do! 
It also brought the boys favorite holiday Halloween! Both were Spiderman this year and even got the same costume! 




November-
 Basketball started for John! This year he actually had games, I love watching him play and may be the annoying mom who is yelling from the sidelines! 
Thanksgiving came and went and we were excited to move on to Christmas! 




We finally got enough snow for the boys to play in it! I can't wait to take them to the mountains after watching how excited they were to do this! We sure have fun some times and I can't help but love watching them giggle! 



December-
 Brought the daily book and activities! By the end of the month I was tired! Broc had his program and insisted on the picture below (kids is quite the character!) I spent a few days in Chicago and enjoyed the break more than I thought I would! I love my boys but they can be demanding at times. 

We spent Christmas with the cousins and took their annual Christmas PJ picture. I love seeing how much they have grown over the years! 







I was sad to see 2018 go but  I love how independent my boys are getting. They are still very much mama's boys, begging me to go outside with them as I type this (yes its mid 50's in January in NE so yes you read that right).  2019 is going to be a year of continued growth for all 3 of us. I hope that everyone had an eventful 2018 and has a blessed 2019.

Much Love,
Jess





No comments:

Post a Comment