We have been spending majority of our time at home, trying to get out once a day to acknowledge there is life outside of our home. John doesn't seem to care where we are as long as he is happy. I on the other hand only like to be away for a couple hours before coming home to the sanity of our house. We are on quite the routine of daily shows and can now tell time by what talk show is on. I now make sure to save some of my dvr shows to watch in the middle of the night as I have something to keep me awake.
Zane has been doing great with John. He is still getting a tad bit jealous. He will jump up from a dead sleep the minute that I begin talking to John. He watches over John and checks on him when he begins to cry. I have caught him on numerous occasions putting his head up to the side of the pack n play to make sure that John is in there. I think he is enjoying having me home all day and not being in his kennel, but man does he have energy at night!
We spent our first time away from John two Saturdays ago. My mom watched John so Sean and I could go watch the first half of the Husker game. I made it almost 5 minutes away before the tears began to fall. I kept thinking what happens if he wakes up and I am not there, is she going to feed him like me. A million things went through my mind when I realized that he needed time away from me as much as I needed to know there was life outside of John. Although, the world is not a very big one and doesn't seem to even matter like it used to! We latest until the last 2 minutes of the first half before Sean said "Lets go home." I have never been more excited to hear Sean says those words! The ride home could have not gone faster, but we were privileged enough to listen to Nebraska begin to blow the Wisconsin game. I came home surprised to find John was totally content in my mom's arms. I knew John would survive his time away from me, I mean my mom was able to keep my brother and I alive, but I had survived! Even if it was 2 hours, I had done it!!
We are a couple days away from my little man turning 1 month! I can't believe it. People always say that kids grow up so fast, but I can't believe how fast it really does goes. The middle of the night feedings and life on a schedule of 3-4 hour shifts has flown by faster than 1 day of my pregnancy! Here are some of things we have been doing for the last month.
We brought John home from the NICU after 4 LONG days on September 20th!
We took our first bath. The lady in the NICU taught Mommy how to give a swaddle bath, John has never cried during a bath!! I owe her big time
Rocked all my I love Mom gear
Met his cousins for the first time! Charlie loved John but didn't like that Grandma's attention wasn't on her. Xander and Landyn didn't seem to be bothered by John :)
Tummy Time! Such a big boy with holding his head up! I told him this day that he never had to learn to hold his head up, crawl or even walk for that matter. I told him that I would carry him until he was 40 if he wanted me too!
Practiced being cute, wasn't hard for him to do this!
Taking pictures to send to Daddy while he is at work! He seems to enjoy these, now we just need Mommy's phone to cooperate more so he can get them daily!
Trying different sleeping positions
One night he wouldn't stop crying, laying him on Sean's pillow was the final trick I tried! And it worked....long enough for me to take this picture!
Looking at Mommy!
Making silly faces!
Crying because I was taking pictures of him in the middle of the night! How do they know to cover their face at such an early age? He did this when he was in my stomach too!
Practicing Karate!
Loving his new swing! He is such a motion baby!
I had to laugh at his position! Legs crossed and arms crossed!
Figuring out how to control his hands! Still learning..
Another looking cute picture! I probably have hundreds of these already!
Making funny faces again!
This picture make me laugh so hard!! Zane was just up running around I finally yelled at him to lay down and he did and this is the face that John did a second later!! I swear he was thinking
This Dog is OUT OF CONTROL!!








No comments:
Post a Comment