Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Beginning of our Family and the end of PREGNANCY!!

I debated on if I wanted to do a blog or not. I blogged during my pregnancy on John's website but I had a hard time keeping up with it towards the end. I think this is a great way for everyone to continue to be updated on John's life!

Here are the blogs I did during my pregnancy.


Finding out....
 I was a mess while I took the 3 pregnancy tests to make sure that what I was reading, between my tears, was true! Sean on the other hand was calm and collected! Complete opposite from what I thought he was going to do.  Both of our families were overjoyed to find out that there was going to be a baby added to the family. My Mom had to hang up the phone to SCREAM from excitement at work. This is the first Grandchild for my family. Sean's family was just as excited and word spread like wild fire! We were getting congrats the whole first day of finding out! Although this is the fourth Grandchild for Sean's side of the family they are overjoyed for another baby!  Charise thinks its twins, she says she has a feeling!! As word spread through both our family and friends we were both able to settle down and enjoy this blessing as a couple. 

I am 5 Weeks and 3 Days Pregnant
As I am very early in my pregnancy I am experiencing very few symptoms. Hopefully something I can say throughout the whole thing!!  The weird cravings have hit. As for the first time in my life I thought that a pickle smelled amazing. If anyone knows me I HATE PICKLES, if you want to hear a story about my lack of excitement for pickles please ask my Aunt Mary. :) Although, it didn't taste as good as it smelled the fact I took a bit was just nuts to me! The headaches from the lack of caffeine have now gone away. It is now 4 days without one ounce of caffeine!  I am enjoying being able to have solid sleep at night, which is not usually the case. Days are getting better as I am napping for a quick 5-10 minutes between clients. I think the boys have noticed me being a little bit snippy towards them. This I feel isn't a symptom  as more of me being myself! 

 It is quite surreal thinking about having a baby growing inside of me, but something I am so excited to be experiencing. Having kids has been a lifelong goal for both Sean and I and something we are both ready to take on
FULL FORCE!! 

Until the Next Post.. ( I will try to post weekly) 

Happy 6 weeks and 3 days!! Also Happy 26th Bday to Mom! 
Well not much has changed in the past week. I am still feeling great actually having more energy than usual. This could be because I am down on my hours at work or because the baby wants to give me an opposite affect than most cases. Today, actually was the first day I felt sick to my stomach. I am not sure if it is the baby or an upset stomach! I am going with the baby!! Baby Godsey is growing so fast, as it will double in size within the next two weeks. This week it is the size of a sweet pea. In honor of this I had sweet peas for dinner this week and sent a picture of them to Sean who was at work! Baby Godsey's body is making its chin, nose and it has black spots where its eyes and ears are going to be. It is growing quickly and in two weeks we will finally get to hear the heartbeat. Or I hope so!! Most ultrasounds don't take place until week 12, but I am going to work my magic to get baby Godsey's first picture taken at 8 weeks! Wish me luck! This has been such a relaxing and fun birthday with lots talking about the baby at my family dinner. Everyone is so excited and talking about how I am going to be quite the paranoid Mom, never leaving my baby. Although,  I think there is some truth to this I am going to try my best people! Baby Godsey is going to be so lucky to come into such wonderful families! As well as the best friendships!
Until Next Time....

Happy 8 weeks and 1 day!!
Well here it is February 20th and we are only days away to seeing lil SJ and hearing the heartbeat. I wish these doctors didn't make us wait so long but I am sure that this is something that every new mom goes through. I have been feeling great! Nausea has set in although it isn't all the time just have random spurts. Most of the time it happens when I am getting ready  to eat. My back has been killing me as I am not able to stand on my feet as long as I used to.  We threw our first party last night and it was quite fun! It is amazing how much cleaner the party goes when I am sober rather than drinking! We celebrated Aunt Wangy and Uncle Dave's Engagement! When they get married the baby will be 5 months old.
As my life is changing ever so rapidly, Sean's has continued as normal. I am sure all pregnant woman feel this way, but man is it hard. I have always been such a social person that now my social life has become nonexistent at times. GG (My Mom Diane) explained to me during a melt down that this is why they give us 9 months to have a kid because it prepares us for what our life is going to be. Needless to say the hormones have got the best of me a couple times. It usually happens on Fridays, so at least I can start preparing myself.
The baby is growing like crazy. This week it is the size of grape! I purchased Sean a new daily calendar that tells us fun facts of what the baby is doing everyday. It is quite interesting! Today the baby is starting the process of getting lungs. I also bought a pregnancy journal to keep track and help me stay organized before the baby comes, but Zane decided that he needed it more than me. Yes, Zane did eat!.  I will write back on Wednesday once we get to hear the heart beat! Then all of you will finally find out about this secret little blog. Even Sean doesn't know about it yet! But I wanted to have some sort of surprise to everyone. Like I said before we are so lucky to have such positive family and friends to embrace this blessing with us!! 

8 weeks and 5 days!! First Doctor Appointment!
Well today was the day we officially got the Yes Your Pregnant Speech from the Doctor. We did not meet with the OB that will deliver the baby or I will have all my appointments with but we did met a FABULOUS Nurse Practitioner who will step in if the Dr. Gernhart is out. The appointment went well just took some blood and did some other tests. Sean and I were both hoping we would get an ultrasound or get to hear the heartbeat but weren't given that option. The official Due Date is October 1, 2011. We also were able to set up our next 12 weeks appointment!! We will be doing some genetic testing, as well as getting to see the heartbeat and what our little one looks like!! I am going to say it will have my eyes and nose and the rest will be Sean!  Regardless it is going to be luckiest and sweetest kid in the whole world. 
I have begun to think that Zane has realized something is differeent because he has turned in the most needy and spoiled puppy ever! I received a new blanket from my Grandma Betty made for my mom that says "I love my Grandma" all over it! Zane has been trying to sneak past me to get in there and eat the blanket I just know it. We are now up to four outfits for the baby! Two Christmas Outfits from GG and then two from me for Sean for Valentine's day (one boy, and one girl)! I am getting more and more excited as the time nears and am just waiting ever some impatiently to hear the heartbeat and know that baby is healthy. But as I have been explained doctors appointments where nothing happens are a good thing not a bad thing! Everything is starting to settle down with my hormones, or at least I feel like it! Sean may disagree. Still no morning sickness, just random spurts of nausea. So far so good!! I was going to tell everyone about my little blog after this doctors appointment but I think I am going to wait until we get the ultrasound so you can see what the baby looks like!! I am going to try and upload a video of the heartbeat if I can!! 
Much Love and Blessings and until Next Time!! 

 10 Weeks 3 days!!
Ahh the time seems to be going a little bit faster!!! Atleast it feels like it! Probably because my life seems to be adjusted to pregnancy! The baby is growing strong, about the size of a prune and weighs as much as a large strawberry!! I was set in my ways of saying that the baby was a boy, but last week I had a dream it was a little girl. She was adorable, which I am sure that everyone already knows it will be :) I have been feeling pretty good. When I get really hungry is when the nausea sets in. I seem to be getting headaches almost daily, but I am going to blame them on the springtime and my allergies. Other than that life is pretty dull, just counting the days until the ultrasound! We are doing Genetic Testing which means we get an extra detailed ultra sound. I am excited about getting to see him/her and can't wait even more to hear the heartbeat.  
Baby Godsey continues to be spoiled by family. Grandma Betty (My GMA on my Dad's side) made the baby a gorgeous white blanket that will be perfect for the Baptism. She also gave me a couple other blankets. She says that I can never have too many blankets. Grandma Carol (My GMA on my mom's side) got me a cross stitching  blanket that I have am going to make for the baby. It may take me the rest of the 8 months but I am going to do it! Its quite relaxing to do it as long as Zane doesn't try to eat it. We went and hung out in Council Bluffs this weekend with Sean's Dad Dell. He was soo cute bragging to everyone about how I am carrying his Grandson. I know I have said it so much but this baby is going to be  the most spoiled and loved baby!  We did find out that if the baby is a girl she is going to be the flower girl in Aunt Mikayla and Uncle Marc's (Sean's brother) wedding in June of 2012! Pretty exciting thinking about it, but also very nerve racking thinking about the baby will be almost 8 months old!!
 Well I am off to bed considering it is 9pm!!  Hopefully I will write one more time before we got to the doctor! 
Until Next Time.......
 
 
12 weeks 2 days!! 
Baby Godsey is sure growing soo fast.  He/She is now the size of a plum!! The pregnancy is going great! I have begun walking with Zane on a daily basis to attempt to stay healthy!  I have been trying to eat healthier although the random need for food don't seem to help!! Hunger is the only thing that makes me feel sick to my stomach. I am no longer able to wait hours to eat lunch. Sean laughs because I don't like to wait and become very cranky when I don't get food in my belly!! The pregnancy is going faster. Tomorrow we get to officially hear the heartbeat!! We are also doing genetic testing so we will be getting a more intense ultrasound. The first appointment is at 1:30 and then the last is at 3:00. It will be an amazing day! I can't wait to see and hear him/ her.
We have officially decided on names for the baby. If it is a boy his name is going to be John David Godsey after Sean's Paternal Grandfather. If it is a girl her name will be McKinnlee Kay Godsey! Kay is my mother's middle name! We are super excited to found out which one it will be. I had a dream last night that it was triplet boys! But this is extremely rare and I think it was my mind thinking about my friend's triplet boys!
I will update everyone with pictures tomorrow!! 

 
 
GOT TO SEE BABY TODAY!!! 12 weeks 3 days!!
We got to see baby Godsey today and it was AMAZING!! Quite the experience, words couldn't describe what it was like to watch the bay up on the screen. GG (my mom) and Sean were present for it! I guess its official there really is a baby in my belly! Baby was being stubborn and after an hour ultrasound she/he refused to move in the right direction for that lady to take the picture she needed. Because of this we get another ultrasound on Monday! Can't complain about that! Baby's heartbeat was a 165 and the doctor stated don't think its a girl! All babies at this age still have their nervous system growing so the heartbeat is faster! We met the doctor and she was amazing! She asked how we got the only Pediatrician t  in Omaha that isn't accepting new patients to be our Pediatrician. Thanks to my Mom, who pulled some strings, baby will have the best doctor around! We will post more pictures from the ultra sound on Monday! Have a great weekend everyone! I know I will as baby and I will be dancing around at the Kenny Chesney Concert! 
13 Weeks 2 days!!!!!!
Ultrasound # 2 was even more amazing than #1! Baby was active and moving all over the place. I am  ready to start feeling this baby moving!!  Baby went to it's first concert.. Kenny Chesney! I am absolutely certain that it had the time of its lil life so far! Sean started a new job today, so he wasn't able to go to the ultrasound with me so my mom went with.  As if I had to ask her after Sean told me he would be unable to! Baby was ready for this ultrasound, the ultrasound tech was a little more friendly than the first one.  I think baby knew that I liked her more! She will be doing our 20 week ultrasound also! We had quite the weekend with all Sean's side of family. We celebrated baby's cousin Landyn's first birthday on Saturday and also Grandpa Dell's 49th bday! Sunday we had family dinner at Momba's (Charise) and  baby highly enjoyed the beef tips n gravy. I craved them the whole rest of the night even 10 minutes after I was done eating!
Baby is now the size of a peach! We have officially graduated into the 2nd trimester! Can't believe it has gone by so fast! Sean said that pretty soon the kid will be here and we will think about how fast the whole pregnancy went by. I am ready for that moment! As I want to meet this little baby in my belly! I have quite a bit to go though. Just counting down the days til 20 weeks and we can start decorating the nursery. We are pretty sure we are going to do an ocean themed room. How we will do this I have no idea, but we are just in the beginning stages right now! As of now that is all! I will be posting pics of the new ultrasound pics soon! 

14 weeks and 4 Days!! ITS A BOY!!
Well if you didn't hear it first, as I am sure that everyone has,by beening told or read it via Facebook. We went to the doctor for our 13 wk ultrasound, and we got a picture with the BOY parts circled. We are not 100% sure as we will find out again at our 20 wk ultrasound. I thought it was a boy from the get go, but did get a little nervous when I had a dream it was a girl, and then he was stubborn during the first ultrasound. It was amazing that the lady even suggested it but I am hoping she wouldn't "suggest it" if she wasn't certain! She also has been doing this for quite some time. So as of now I have baby John David Godsey in my belly! Its kinda of nice to call him by a name rather than saying "it" all the time. I have been calling him baby J as John doesn't seem to roll off my tounge as easily! I went shopping with my mom last week to get Baby J a little bit of a wardrobe! We found so may cute little outfits it was unreal. I have spent the last couple days going through Baby J's future room, which was the office. While in the process of cleaning it I found all of my scrapbooks my mom has made me. One of them had tons of my baby stuff in it. The hospital bill, the band that my mom wore, my baptism cerficate! It was crazy looking at all the baby pics! Too funny to see how things change. It made me realize that I am about to embark on this journey with my own child. Baby J is the size of a lemon now! I can't believe how much he has grown in the last couple weeks.  He is in there sucking his thumb and wiggling his toes! He has reflexes now, in which if you touched the bottom of his foot his toes would curl! Its crazy to think about how they know all of this but I will take it!  My clothes are beginning to get too small. As I have noticed that my t-shirts are a little snug and not very long! I would like to think that it is because of my dryer, but I am only giving it half of the credit! Baby J gets the other half! 

Sean started his new job, which he loves! He is a little bit tired after his 18 hour Tuesday and Wednesday shifts, but it seems to be getting easier. It is funny to think that a year ago neither one of us was moving around the house before 10am and now we are both up and out of the house by 7:45am. Growing up kind of sucks! We are both trying to get our hours in so we can have savings for the baby and for me to be off of work for 2 months (if not for awhile). I am adjusting to life as a pregnant girl, only took me 3 and 1/2 months! Zane and I hang around the house when I get off work usually clean, or watch t.v. During the days I have been able to get a nap in from 2-3! It is soo nice and refreshing, although I usually never want to get up! We have quite the summer planned for us so I am going to enjoy Spring while I can! Even though Spring is just as busy! With Graduations (my cousin Brooke) Weddings, (1 in May and 2 Labor Day Weekend) Anniversarys (My grandparents 50th! My Gma told Sean that would be a good time to propose ;) ) and Vacations (hopefully Windsor for the 4th and Okoboji  at the end of July) we will be enjoying every minute of them. I am hoping with being so busy this pregnancy will fly by! Other than that we will keep you up to date! We got back to the doctor on April 25th the day after Easter! 
19 Weeks 2 Days... OFFICIALLY A BOY!!
We got to see Baby J again today!! He showed us again that he is a BOY!! We are so excited and feel soo blessed to be bringing a little boy into this world! He is growing quite fast.  I went to the doctor two weeks ago (17 wks 2 days) and had high blood pressure. I blamed it on the fact that the nurse told me she was going to draw blood!! I had to watch my blood pressure since then. I then had another scare last week when my feet were swollen. I naturally have swollen ankles because of all the times I have rolled my ankles. This was not the case, it is was so swollen I couldn't move my feet with out having a ROLL in my feet!! Sean did a great job of dealing with me and his own stress about the situation. I discussed it with the doctor and we decided it was because I was on my feet and was dehydrated! Sean and I bought our first big investment for Baby J. A 2011 Dodge Ram. Sean has been working hard at both jobs, so we thought he needed something to show his hard work. We attended our first wedding with Baby J. Mike and Nikki Muller got married on my parents 28th wedding anniversary! It was the perfect day! I didn't realize how tiring weddings could be when you weren't drinking :) Mothers day was yesterday and we spent a beautiful day with family. Charise bought me my first mothers day aka Storage Bin day, present. Baby J got his first shoes..Nikes!! They are so adorable and we are so glad its a boy, so she can wear them! Also got a couple onsies from their vacation in Florida. 
Baby J's appointment today, went perfect!! We had an ultrasound where they pointed out all of his organs. His stomach, bladder, kidneys, heart, legs, arms and spine!! It was the coolest thing I have ever witnessed seeing how much he has grown :) He has gotten at least 4 times bigger!! Everything is growing accordingly to normal growth. We get an extra ultrasound in 4 weeks because they weren't able to get a good picture of his lips and his lower spine!  Dr. Gernheart said that everything looks perfect! His heart rate was 155 which was the same as two weeks before! Other than that we are doing great Baby J is doing great and we are ready for him to be done cooking so we can meet him!! Almost halfway there!! 
22 WEEKS..18 TO GO!!!
Well everything seems to be going great! My stomach is getting bigger and bigger as we speak. I have officially moved from having a beer belly to having a baby belly :) We are a week away from going to the doctor again to see Baby J. Today we picked out the colors of his room. Green energy and Toffee bar are the soon to be colors of our John David's room. My goal is to have the room done furniture included by July. So we will be picking out the furniture in the next couple weeks. We are pretty excited to begin this project. Well at least I am. 
Tomorrow is our first BBQ of the summer. Today getting ready for it was not quite as easy as it has been. I was up early cleaning, then ran to get Zane's nails done, stopped at the Hy Vee. I came home to continue cleaning, then left to go to Wal Mart to get a few things. While walking through Wal Mart I found myself walding and my back began hurting. I came home to get Sean and we headed to Home Depot to pick out paint and get some things for the yard. By the time we were done there, as was I!!!! I came home and sat on the couch for a solid two hours. Baby J felt like he was going to fall out of my stomach. 
Felt Baby J kick and punch for the first time a couple days ago.  I am pretty excited and hoping thats really what is going on! I ate some breakfast one day and must have been kicking right above my belly button and then punching below it. It was so exciting to finally feel him as I have been waiting..well A LONG TIME!! He is pretty active during the day. I do not feel him at night. It might be because I sleep so hard. The only problems I have been having is my lower back. The  baby seems to be getting better and putting pressure on my back. I have had problems with my lower back since Volleyball my freshman year. Other than that everything is going smooth, just waiting to see Baby J again in a week. 
25 Weeks 5 days!!! 
Can't believe we are this far along. Only 2 more weeks until we enter our third trimester :) Baby J is getting big and beginning to take over my entire stomach. There is no longer a beer belly but a baby bump! I have been blessed to have my Grandma and Mom buying me maternity clothes as my t-shirts are relatively tight these days. I can now feel the baby kick all the time. He is the most active in the morning. Today he kicked and moved around from 8:30am til 12:30. He spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping only to begin kicking again when I was settling down from work. He seems to be quiet the active one these days. I can't imagine that he is going to sleep so much when he is out of my belly because he sure moves a lot inside it. 
I am feeling good! Other than feeling like I ate way too much food all the times. A lady from work asked me today if it was nice not sucking in my stomach or worrying about it sticking out. I laughed and said it was more uncomfortable having such a huge stomach stinking out all the time.  The first day I realized my stomach was getting big was when I was getting in the shower and I hit the shower door on my stomach but my face kept moving. Yes, you guessed it, I bashed my face into the door. It hurt so bad but made me laugh because only I would have no idea that my stomach had gotten that big. I guess its an adjustment all around.
I have been craving Strawberry shakes and ice cream. I was getting a strawberry shake at least once a day if not twice a day. Now I have moved on to strawberry milk. Delicious with every drink! My ankles are still swollen after I work a lot. The last couple days my body has been very achy. I can't slept well at night because my ankles have been throbbing. I think its partially because I have been busy on my feet and I haven't really got much of a break. Next weekend Sean and I head to Okoboji for the 4th of the July. I am excited to find cute little Okoboji outfits for the baby. He is going to be so cute!  
Other than that things are things are going good, the pregnancy is great. Doctor says both baby and I are healthy as can be! As I sit here and type Baby J is kicking away! I will write back in a couple weeks. We have our maternity pictures, Okoboji and our first Childbirth Class. Most importantly Zane's 1st Birthday is on July 4th!!  So happy Birthday Zane!! 
33 WEEKS...7 MORE TO GO!
Well I haven't wrote on here for quite some time!! I have thought about it a million times, but just never sat down and did it. So tonight as I sit here I figured well here's my chance!! First, YEAH finally in the 8 month of Pregnancy!!  I am getting anxious to get John out of my belly and into my arms, but nervous as parenthood is right around the corner. The time seems to be going fast, when I look back but looking forward it goes slow again. Here's what we have been up to lately......
I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes around 28 weeks. At first I was extremely scared and TOTaLLY freaked out by the thought of poking my finger 4 times a day. But I had to do it as I wanted a healthy baby. They tried to fix it by diet which worked at first, but my numbers were highest in the morning after fasting. At 31 weeks I was put on a Blood Sugar meds. I had to go up the to the High Risk Doctor to see what she wanted to do. We received another ultrasound. I could not believe how big John was. I kept saying "That's his head" as now it took up the whole screen rather than part of the screen!! The doctor told us he was 3 lbs 14 oz. She stated he scored an 8 out of 8 on his testing. She explained to us the affects of gestational diabetes. 1 was having a big baby because he steals all of my nutrients. Another side affect is his tummy being extra round, during the ultrasound she showed us that his tummy was normal. Another side affect was him having broad shoulders which thank god he did have. She stated that we had a healthy growing baby!! She then explained that I would be seeing her every two weeks and and Gernhart every two weeks. So I would then begin going to the doctor every week. I received a stress test at my appointment with Gernhart. It was such a cool sound listening to John's heartbeat for 30 minutes! At first he wouldn't move so I decided to bribe him with a sucker!! Well it worked he began moving around. I even heard him sucking!! Last week we had another High Risk Appointment, who did another ultrasound and Grandma Charise got to attend her first ultrasound!! Another 8 out of 8. The doctor bumped up my meds to a 1/2 a pill in the morning and 1/2 a pill at night. The 1/2 pills are 2.5 mgs and I can go up to 10 so  I am hoping the low dose twice a day helps!! It seems to be helping out except for my morning reading. 
I began having Braxton Hicks a couple weeks ago. Kinda scared me at first but realized immediately what they were. Today I received a little scare when I began having them multiple times in a hour. They went away after about an hour. John and I both continue to be healthy and are both awaiting his big ARRIVAL!!
I have now had two baby showers and a diaper party. On July 23rd Amber and Dave threw us an amazing diaper party!! It was such a great and relaxing day. It went throughout the day so it was nice that not everyone showed up at the same time. So we were able to sit down and talk to everyone without feeling like we didn't get to talk to anyone. We are so blessed to have such awesome friends to share this special time in our lives. We love each and everyone of you. A special thanks to Amber and Dave for hosting the party. 
Charise (Momba) through me a baby shower in Council Bluffs, on August 6th. Such a wonderful party with people who have known Sean for years. I love that they embrace me as much as they have. Its so nice to go over there and not worry about feeling uncomfortable. We received great gifts! All much needed. Sean's Aunt Beth got John a Green Bay Packers Jersey. I think this was Sean's FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED SO FAR! I want to thank everyone for coming and for the gifts. And a special thanks to Charise for hosting such an amazing shower!!
My Aunts and Cousins on my mom's side through my second baby shower on Aug. 7th. Such a great turnout and such a good time. There is nothing better than sharing such an amazing time with the people who have known you the longest. My aunts hosted a great party. We received such amazing gifts. The Gazda side, all went in together and got me the high chair we wanted!! Such an important thing and I was so glad not to have to worry about it! I received tons of much needed gifts. It was so great to see family and friends and to know that everyone is as excited as we are for this little man to come into the world!! A special thanks to my amazing Aunts and cousins for throwing me such a special baby shower. I love you all so much. 
We have been trying to keep busy, so the time passes by faster.  About a month ago Sean and I bought the crib and changing table from NFM. Putting it together was quite the experience but we did it together!! Well at least the crib, Sean did the changing table by himself. We painted the nursery as well.  I will post pictures. Although we have to paint it all back because we are now moving! Sean and I will be moving into a townhouse here in about a week. Technically we are moving stuff tomorrow but will be officially moved in next weekend!! I know we are absolutely  crazy to be moving with me about to pop. But the new place is super nice, a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom duplex Northwest of town. It will be perfect for us!! We decided we needed to move out of the house when we began thinking about me being off work for a couple months on maternity leave. We would be able to stay here but we would be broke, and Sean would never be home with us. So we decided to start looking, when we headed up to Okoboji for my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. My Uncle Chuck told us about the townhouse. Once we look at it we were sold! Both for different reasons, Sean's was there is a golf course for  our backyard!! Mine a washer and dryer on the same floor as the bedrooms!! The townhouse is only 3 years old so everything is new! This place will be saving us so much money that I don't have to feel rushed to go back to work. This was my biggest fear, that I would be forced to go back to work before I was ready to go. 
Other than that our life has been so busy we can't really grasp how close we are to having John until we sit down and talk about it! I think we are both ready for him to be here but still so nervous. We are so excited for him to be here and in our arms! He is going to be brought into such love from so many people!! Hopefully I can posted a couple more times before he makes his arrival!


Here is me at 36 weeks!! 


I had two false labor scares the two Tuesdays before the John made his arrival.  I had contractions on both of the days that seemed to get to the point where I was going to go in and they BAM they stopped!! A little annoying as I was OVER being pregnant. I think I cried everyday thinking about having to be pregnant for another 3 weeks. On the 14th I went in for my 37 week check up. I was 1 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I looked at Dr. Gernhart and said "I need a date, I need a plan to when this baby is coming. Otherwise I don't know if I am going to survive." She laughed and got the calendar out. We, the doctor and myself, decided that September 26th would be our induction date. I probably should have verified with Sean as this was an ok day, but at this point I was done being pregnant and I am pretty sure he was over having a pregnant girlfriend!! I left the hospital feeling great. I had a plan and a day that I knew he was going to be here.. no later!!

I got up on Thursday , the 15th, ready to take on the day. This was the first morning that I didn't cry about waking up still pregnant. I was so uncomfortable, as I wasn't sleeping, could barely walk, had John feeling like he was going to "fall out," and my feet and legs were so swollen they were the size of Texas I swear. My feet began to swell in May and I felt like they were never going to be normal again. I joked around saying they weren't legs and feet but rather tree trunks!! I worked the whole day of the 15th, got off at 5 and headed home. While I was waiting for Sean to get off work I picked up the house and had everything done so I could just come home that night and relax. When Sean got home we headed to my Grandparents to celebrate my Grandma, Uncle Todd's and Sean's birthday. We also had my Grandpa's brother Dick and his wife Barb in town. I had a little back ache while we were there but nothing compared to the contractions that I had the previous Tuesday. I just figured it was hurting from being on my feet for 12 hours. Sean and I headed home about 8:30pm. As we were watching Jersey Shore I got up to use the restroom. At 9:20pm I then got a glass of water and was taking my medication when water came out. I was rather freaked out as I had just gone to the bathroom so I knew I hadn't just "wet" myself. I went upstairs and changed my pants and began walking down the stairs when it happened again! This time I really began to think that my water had broke. I went back and put a pad on as our birthing class said to do this for an hour and if it was wet after the hour then your water had broke. I remember thinking as I put the pad on, is this really happening!! I am back downstairs and told Sean that I thought my water just broke. He asked me if I was kidding. The 16th of September is Sean's birthday along with my Grandma's, so he thought I was playing a joke on him. I explained what had happened. We finished watching Jersey Shore and headed up to bed. It happened a couple more times but I wasn't having contractions so I didn't think it was a the "real deal." Sean jumped in the shower "just in case." While I watched the news. He came to bed and said he was going to take a nap and if it was the real thing then wake him up. I waited until 11:00pm before I decided it was time I should get ready for the hospital. I called my mom. She answered the phone by saying " Is everything ok?" I said yes, I think my water broke. We talked about it for a couple minutes and I told her I was going jump in the shower and then we were going to head to the hospital. I got in the shower and then woke Sean up. He was totally out as it took quite a few hard shakes before he woke up. He jumped up by saying "Are we going?" I said yes and continued to add stuff to our bag. 

At 12:00am on September 16th we headed to the Methodist Women's Hospital. It was raining, freezing, and foggy. Sean is the worst night time driver, with the fog, the thought of being a dad, and the rain it was the LONGEST and SCARIEST drive!! We finally made it in one piece. Sean asked if we should grabbed the bags when we got out. I told him "No, because if this isn't the real thing I am not walking out of here with bags like I was going to stay." Having two previous circumstances in which I thought I was in labor, I didn't want to jinx us! We walked in and said the lady. "My water broke." She came out to hand us the paperwork and said this must not be your first. I said, "Nope it is." She explained she was impressed because I was so calm. I politely stated I just don't want it to be false labor!! We made it up to the labor and delivery floor and into our room. At this point I still wasn't having contractions, or at least I wasn't feeling them. The lady hooked me up to the machine and told me I was indeed having contractions. I couldn't believe it, I wasn't feeling them and they didn't hurt?!!  Was this really happening?! She checked and verified that my water had in fact broke. This part is rather embarrassing but those of you who know me know that my "blonde moments" can make their appearance at times! I asked the lady, " So.. I am not going home right?" She responded with this awkward look and a No. Then I said " So...I am going to be having him like today." She gave me this look like I was the biggest idiot on the planet. She then responded, "Yes you will be having your little boy." 


At 11:03am on September 16, 2011 our little boy took his first breathe, while ours was taken away. It was the most surreal moment of my life. Words can not describe the feeling that over took my body when I heard his first cry, saw his face for the first time and watched as Sean became not just my boyfriend but the father to OUR son, my mom became a Grandma, and I became John David Godsey's Mommy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment