Monday, December 31, 2012

2012


What a year 2012 has been!! Looking back I find it hard to believe that yet another year of my life has passed me back so quickly. Although, this year has gone by so fast it was been one of my favorites to date!!

2012....

 

You have taught me just how fast the years can fly by

You have taught me how to trust my gut

You have taught how to enjoy everyday as if it was my last

You have reminded me of what is most important in my life

You have taught me how to be the best mother to my son, even if people may not agree with the way I choose

You have brought me closer to people, but have also taught me to step back from others.

You have given me more Faith than I could have ever imagined

You have taught me to be more anal, didn't know this was possible

You have reassured me that decisions I have made were the right ones at the moment

You have given me a chance to marry the man of my dreams (YEAH!)

You have put a ring on my left hand, well Sean did but you were the year it finally happened

You have taught me that staying home and going to bed at 10pm with my family is more fun than any night at the bar! 

You have taught me that hangovers get worse with age, and last for days rather than hours

You have taught me that 27 may seem old when you are 17 but it's not that old when you really are 27

You have given me a chance to make mends with people who I can not change, even if they are crazy

You have given me a chance to enjoy every day with my sweet not so little baby boy

You have given me a chance to elaborate more on my dreams than I ever thought possible

You have taught me that money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a few minutes of peace and quiet

You have taught me that guilt is a part of motherhood, but also how to get over the guilt even if its hard to do

You have tried to teach me how to not judge, but let's face it, we are all quiet judgers :)

You have taught me how to put another person's needs before my own

You have taught me how to be a "stalker" to John

You have taught me that my memory isn't as good as I thought it was,

You have taught me days turn into weeks, and weeks in months and then they all tend to blend together

You have taught me how to have patience, even if its hard

You have taught me to enjoy two naps a day, because only one nap a day is not that far away



Most importantly you have taught me that all I need in my life are my boys, family and friends. So 2012 I bid you a farewell with a sort of sadness I can't explain, but a happiness for all I have been blessed with. 

Cheers to an even more blessed 2013!!! 
Love, 
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment