Wednesday, June 26, 2013

When you think I'm not looking..

Sometimes when you don't think I am looking or paying attention to you I am the most amazed. 

John you are the sweetest, smartest, wildest, cutest, orneriest, amazing little/big almost two year old on the planet! Yes I am bias and I am your mommy so of course I am going to say that but seriously not a single day goes by where I don't stop multiple times and thank God for giving you to me. 

Just a few reasons you are so amazing; 

A couple days ago while enjoying a day off and breakfast with mommy, you counted from 1-12 all by yourself and with out me asking you to. You then pointed to the letter o in the word "coffee" on the wall and said circle! Amazing

Youwere so excited to see Griffin that while sitting on my lap you got down, went and got Griffin's favorite monkey toy, took the toy he was playing with away and said "Monkey Griffy" and handed him monkey. Then you kissed him on the head and came back and sat on my lap, like nothin had happened. Amazing

While playing in the bath you spelled out J O H N without me even asking, then after you spelled it twice you said John Godsey! Amazing

There are a million things you do that amaze me but my favorites are when you think nobody is watching because in those moments...you are John. The one who will amaze me his whole life and never even realize what it means to me. The one who will impress a million people but won't even know it or acknowledge it. The one who will thrive to be a better person because he wants not because everyone expects or wants him to. You have a whole lifetime in front of you, and I have a feeling you will be amazing the whole time! 

Ok enough of the serious stuff here's what we have been up to lately...

We got new haircuts!! You did great and didn't even cry! 


You pooped in the bath! The first, and hopefully only, time! Thanks god daddy was home to clean the bathtub while I gave you a shower! 

I catch you like this a lot. You like to bask in the sun I guess ;) 

We went and visited Papa at work one day! 

You two have quite the bond :) 

After visiting Papa we went to the Children's museum with Gracie and Auntie Ala! 



You guys play so well together. Although Gracie gets a little scared of your craziness :) 

We went to Junk Stock one day and you got to bounce In the bounce house!! 

We went and met your new cousin Myles!! He's so cute and I can't wait for you to be best friends! 


We got to hang with Papa Godsey one Saturday! 

Even your cousins were here! 

Random play dates with Gracie are our favorite! 

I hope you always treat Gracie like a princess that she is :) 

You love playing with Griffin and have so much fun too! 

Splash park Fun!!

You. Are. So. Handsome

This rarely happens but I like when it does
Playing at Mombas

You love Bubbles!! 

This is how we rocked target one day..you were soo good and really thought you were pushing the cart 

Maxin and relaxin on a Sunday afternoon

GG sent this to mommy one day..I love this!! 

Sometimes you are soo weird! 


We spent the Sunday before the 4th hanging with the Browns! 

You love Unc Kenny, as you call him

Throwing snaps with Daddy 

Waiting for the Stonebridge fireworks! You seemed to like the splash park more without the water 

Fireworks! Yeah

GG and Papa decided last minute they would join us, and we are glad they did!!

Eating breakfast like a champ!!
You are so sweet to Griffin! You love holding him 

You were reading your book to him

We have been going on pj walks before bed, you love them and I swear it helps you sleep better! 


Sometimes you make things more difficult when you have to do stuff  ("i Do it!") but I love your independence and wanting to be such a big boy! 

Keep on Growing big man, we are heading to Okoboji today to enjoy the 4th and 5 days of vacation!! Even daddy gets to join! 














No comments:

Post a Comment