John, always seems to be sick when we have these nights planned. I couldn't tell you how many nights we have decided not to go bc John was sick. Please don't think I'm complaining I love my TIME with John but let's be real I have a now husband that takes a back seat probably 364 days out of the year. So when John woke up from nap with a fever I instantly was disappointed. I gave him some medicine in hopes that it would at least bring it down. We headed to my aunts, the whole time praying that he would feel better and I wouldn't have to reschedule our date night. Because frankly I'm not sure if we will be able to fit one in before we are parents of two kids. Luckily, he started to chipper up. I did ask my aunt and my mom for a little motivation that I wasn't being a bad mom shipping my kid off when I knew he wasn't feeling the best. As always they were supportive and made me feel a million times better. Also explaining that it wasn't like he was going to a strangers he was going to GG and Papas where he would be taken care of probably better than at home.
Side note...thanks for always supporting me Aunt Mary and GG and always knowing what to say to make me feel better!
So Sean and I set off to enjoy date night. As truly worried parents we checked in after dinner. Papa said everything was fine and John was even eating dinner!! We headed to the movie theater and bought our tickets. First, did you know that you don't have to go to a ticket booth to get your tickets, you pick your seat, there is a self serving pop station, and there is a bar/restaurant in the theater?! I did know about the bar part but the rest of it blew me away, when did TIME change even the movie theaters? Ok enough about that, although I will say we sat in electric recliners which were amazing! And we both didn't fall asleep, which is quite successful!
So we had made it a successful date night, as we were leaving I started thinking maybe we should go get a beer for Sean and a dessert for me. We checked in With GG and found out John was getting warm again. I didn't even have to ask Sean what he wanted to do. We both just knew we were going to get John. Thanks for being such a caring daddy, Sean!
As we were driving home I started thinking, where had TIME gone? I am driving home from a date night with my HUSBAND, pregnant with our second child and our sick first son in the back seat sucking his thumb asleep. Wasn't I just 23 yesterday? Living life in the fast lane, partying like I was never going to settle down, going to college, thinking about a TIME where my life would be exactly what it is today.
I tried to imagine a time
where I didn't have to find TIME for date night
Where I didn't worry about missing TIME with John
Where TIME wasn't so precious
Where I didn't have to find TIME to go to the grocery store
or TIME to even shower
TIME is something that everybody values, everybody takes for granted and everybody forgets about. TIME goes too fast for us to even process, but it always seems to go bye faster than we could ever think.
Sean and I didn't get a picture on our semi-date night. And I didn't get a picture of my sick kiddo who is still fighting off his cold.
I will say I am truly blessed that I get to spend majority of my TIME with these two amazing boys!
In 3 years TIME my life has changed more than I could have ever imagined it, and for that am beyond thankful for!! We aren't given an endless supply of TIME so make sure you are spending yours with the ones who mean the most!!! I know I am :)

No comments:
Post a Comment