Thursday, January 16, 2014

Broc Thomas Godsey; A Birth Story

Broc is here!! An we are living life with a newborn which means in between nursing sessions all I have time to do is eat and sleep and if I am not doing those I am playing with John.

I was able to finally get this birth story done! It's not perfect but its something I can look back on over the year and hopefully remember things I can't at the moment. It is a birth story so it may not be for everyone, but its our story.


To Broc:
I wrote this letter to you the morning I got induced. I couldn't sleep and my mind was going crazy so as GG suggested I write you a letter. It's hard to believe that its already been 6 days since I wrote it. Time is already passing too fast! 

Before You Were Born;
Well today's the day! In just a few short hours we will be at the doctors getting induced to have you! i would be lying if I didn't say I was little nervous for labor or making sure your healthy, and making sure I am healthy. Or maybe just the whole situation. I was a mess last night with anxiety. Overly anxious and sad to drop your brother off at GG's knowing the next time I see him I will have two boys to give all my attention too. I can see you guys already being best friends. So I know a year from nwo that moment of emotion will not even be a memory because I will have so many other memories of the two of you together.

today is supposed to be a record low. Literally at 4:45am its -11 and that not with the wind chill. Our family number is 11, so when I checked the weather and saw that I knew it was a good sign for the day. Although, I'd rather it say 11 but I will take any sign that I'm doing the right thing by getting induced. I have been praying that this is the right thing to do. You know "forcing" you out of the womb. But I'm pretty sure you just need a little motivation to get you started on your journey to the outside world. It may be cold but there's a lot more room out here and we have tons of blankets and more importantly my arms long to hold you in them.

I have felt your every move for what seems like forever. We have endured a lot together, the stomach flu 3 times, numerous colds, indigestions, gas, your brother thinking I'm a human trampoline. But with all the negatives came positives, your first kick, you moving around while I was working, your hiccups, and the other night you jumped (no joke my stomach moved atleast 3 inches) nobody knew you were moving in there but I did. These are the moments I will miss the most, the moments where only the two of us knew what was going on inside my body. 

But today is the day I have to start sharing you with the rest of the world! And little boy you are so lucky to be born with such amazing people in your life. One day I hope you realize that because I lay here and think about all the sweet messages of good luck, prayers, congrats, and we can't wait to meet him. It makes me thankful (already) that you are not just mine but you are theirs too! You will know an endless amount of lovei n your life and I hope you know not a day will go by that you weren't loved. I got to love you from the first time I found out about you. Now everyone else gets to love you from the first time they laid eyes on you!

With that being said I am going to try and catch the last hour of sleep being pregnant before I have to get up and get ready. I can't wait to see your sweet face my perfect little boy! Praying for a safe journey down the birth canal for you and  mommy! May we blessed with both of us being safe and healthy!
Mommy Loves You Forever!




It's hard to believe that I wrote that over a week ago. Time is already flying by too fast I can't even stand it!
Last Picture of a family of 3! 


Before we left the house! He was born on probably the coldest day of the year! With wind chills I think it got to -30 something! 

We arrived at the hospital at 7am. It was such a weird feeling knowing that I was walking into the hospital pregnant and later that day I would be having another baby. Yes, I know I went through it with John but its a whole different experience getting induced. But I was calm, my anxiety that I had the night before settled and I was ready to meet our son.  

It took about an hour and half to get the pitocin flowing through my IV. At 8:30am they broke my water. Then it was walking time, and doing different things to get the  labor to progress. When I arrived I was 2cm dilated 70% effaced. So I knew I had a ways to go. 


We tried walking the halls, but Broc wouldn't stay on the monitor so we tried many many times, but eventually I had to stay in the room. I was able to bounce on a egg shaped ball which helped get a little farther along. 


We take Selfies during labor..DUH!! Hello swollen face 

I was texting friends the whole time. Well pretty much up until I started pushing. A great way to keep your mind off of what is really going on. The nurse Alex, was super sweet. She seemed young but knew what she was doing!! At 12:30pm she checked me and I was at 4 cm and 80% effaced. I will not lie I was really disappointed. I was hoping that it would go a lot faster and I would have held him in my arms by then. I had to stay in bed after this point because walking around actually slowed the contractions down. Wish I would have known this before this day as I was walking around like a crazy person trying to help my body go into labor. Who knew I could have just been laying around!  At 1:30pm she checked me again and I was at a 6 and still 80%.
This is where things got intense. I got the epidural around 1:45pm, my goal was to make it to 6cm before getting it. The contractions weren't out of control but were defiantly getting uncomfortable and I wanted to take a little snooze before I had to start pushing. Boy was I wrong, Broc decided that he was coming and he was going to come fast. By 3:00pm I was in an all 4's position. My Dr. told my nurse lets have this baby and said to put me in this position. Well the position worked! I only lasted 2 contractions before I  flipped  over because he was coming. When she checked me she said oh ya you are ready! My heart started racing and I remember thinking "holy sh*t" here we go! At this point the epidural wasn't working! I had asked the nurse to press the button multiple times and nothing was making it feel better. 

My doctor was in my room within minutes and said alright Jessica here we go. She even said to the nurse "Oh she is going to push him right out" Atleast she had confidence in me! With Sean and my mom at my side, I started to push. Two contractions and his head was out. I remember them saying how he had hair! I yelled "just pull him out" when they told me to push again. Obviously that wasn't happening, so I ignored the pain and pushed my biggest push. And then bam..

The pain was gone, my eyes were closed, and I sat there thinking he's out. Finally someone said open your eyes Jessica and I did. An there he was..my son.  









Broc Thomas Godsey arrived at 3:33pm on January 6th weighing in at 7lbs 10oz (1oz less than his brother) and 21 1/2 inches long with a full head of hair! 

 My doctor is beyond hysterical and after she held Broc she said "Oh they were going to name you Broc just instead they are changing it to f*ck or Jesus!" Evidently those were the few choice words I had to say while pushing. 


At that moment I grew a new heart, fell in love and stared in amazement as my world had just gotten better. I am still a little mad the epidural didn't work, but the longer time goes on I seem to forget the pain and remember the special moment. 


I will forever remember January 6, 2014 as the day I became not only a mother of two boys, but a mother to Broc Thomas Godsey. The little man who ran away with my heart from the second I met him. 












No comments:

Post a Comment