Tuesday, May 13, 2014

You..doing that thing you do

Oh my sweet, energetic, wild, smart, perfect John David...

There are days I swear I feel like I am failing you as a mother. Other days I feel like there is no way I am ever going to tame you. But then I remember I don't need to tame you I need to encourage your free  (seriously wild) spirit! 

I have a friend who told me she keeps a journal And writes all the funny little things her kids say or do everyday. Although I haven't done this, I kinda feel like the blog is where I can put all your life adventures. So here are just a few moments you make my heart smile...


Yesterday you asked to watch baby einstien on the computer, I said in a minute I have to pay some bills your response was "ok mom, I love bills!" You didn't even know what bills were but you loved them! 

Last week we went for a walk/run and you thought you needed to run with mommy. You kept saying "come on mommy let's run" I couldn't have asked for a better motivator. 

Then we stopped and blew the flowers, you were so excited to learn this. 

Then when we got home you played with your water table I caught you doing this..
"Here birds I got water for you!" 

You always are sayin the sweetest things to daddy and I "oh I like your black hat daddy," or "I like your haircut mom" 


Went went to the horse races this past weekend and spent a few hours with you as our only child (thanks GiGi for hanging with Broc). It was fun to focus on just you and watch you explore. When the horses ran you'd yell "faster horses faster" 

Then you rode a camel..by yourself with Brynn. I will not lie that I was scared for you and scared for me. But you got up there, held on and LOVED.EVERY.SECOND 



I tell you to count to 3 and you count to 15

You can identify numbers 1-9 

Whenever someone sneezes you are always saying "bless you" 

I ask you to go potty some mornings and you respond with "not today mom, not today" 

You always ask me to cover you up when you lay down. 

Last night you tried your hardest to not go to bed, about the 5th time you got up I yelled at you (yes sometimes I do have to yell).  your eyes filled with tears as you tried to tell me that you couldn't find your nemo blanket. Instantly my heart sank and I felt horrible for yelling at you. 

After I got your brother to sleep i came and laid with you. Your eyes instantly lit up and you snuggled up to me. When I left, I handed you your lion and you looked up at me and said "thank you mom" just those 3 simple words tugged at my heart so hard it brought tears to my eyes. 

You love your brother, and are the nicest to him. I always tell people that your the nicest to him. Maybe you are in fear of what's to come since he probably will be bigger than you :) 
You constantly are saying "oh hey broder" and giving him kisses or waking up and asking "where's broder?" If you don't see him right away

 you say things like 
"Oh my god fries mom!" Or "horray we are going the zoo!" "Oh Elbees, I get a taco!" 

You love to sing and you sing often. You can sing all of farmer and the dell, and twinkle twinkle, and you know almost all the words to what does a fox say. 

You are getting so big and so smart it's crazy. You ask for things you want, and aren't afriad to tell me when you don't want something. 

You challenge me everyday to not only be a better mother but a better person! Thanks for your daily gestures that make me laugh out loud or warm my heart! Some days are harder than others and sometimes I have to be a mean mommy but just incase you forget I do pay attention to the little things you do! 












No comments:

Post a Comment