John started out with an ear infection that refused to go away!! After three weeks a cough began, then proceeded into a running nose, followed by more coughing, and then on to wheezing. On Friday, February 3 he was admitted into Children's hospital. WHAT A SCARY MOMENT for this Mommy. I spent the day in tears and fear for my baby's life. I have been through quite a bit of fear in my life, but nothing compared to that day. After a night of no sleep, a screaming baby, and a sick mama, this mama had reach her maximum intake. My mom came over in the morning and John slept the WHOLE time! I went to Target to get some groceries, in anticipation of the snow storm we were expecting. John finally woke up and his breathing was rapid. I have never seen a baby breathe so hard in my life. Then I took his temp and it was 102.7, I instantly broke out into tears and called the doctor. They got me the earliest appointment at 4:30. It was 2:30, I was on pins and needles the whole 2 hours! Needless to say I made it to 4:30 without dying (which I felt like I could have). We got to the doctor and they sent us to Children's. As scary as it was to go to the hospital, it gave me a sense of relief. I don't think he could have been in better hands! The nurses were so sweet, a little slow but sweet! John was released the following day as his lungs started to clear up and he was diagnosed with RSV. RSV is a viral infection that can't be treated with medication. So it was a waiting game, a waiting game that involved John's tiny immune system. They sent us home after 21 hrs in the hospital, with no meds and a few suggestions of what to do if he got worse. It took 12 days but John finally got over the infection and was back to his old self! Thank God and the prayers of our family and friends that helped our little man get better. I swear all our prayers were answered!
The day we came home from the hospital!
John would only sleep in his carseat in the glider for about 10 days!
Playing in the hospital!
Playing with Scout!
Thanks everyone for yours thoughts and prayers! They were truly appreciated
Love
Daddy, Mommy and John!
Besides being sick John is growing faster than a weed! Here are just a few things he has been up to lately...
Making a funny face while doing tummy time!
Wherever John goes so does Zane!
What Mom!
All sprawled out on Mommy and Daddy's bed!
Kisses from Mommy <3
STOP TAKING PICTURES!
Loving his tummy time :)
Loves playing with this little worm thing
I love these big eyes!
He is totally into sitting up right now!
Playing with the boys!
This is how he sleeps!! Covering his eyes and sucking his thumb!!
Mommy's busy boys
Celebrated Mommy's 27th Birthday! Best birthday yet!
Hanging with Dad!
Jumperoo Time!
Too cute!
Watching the boys color on Valentine's Day!
Playing with Trent!
He just watches the boys constantly!
Getting soo big!
Thanks for checking in! Tomorrow our little man will be 5 months old!! YIKES!

No comments:
Post a Comment