Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and Ozarks

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Most of the time our holidays are filled with MASS CRAZINESS!! We run from 15 different places trying to make sure everyone gets to see us.  This year was different..and perfect!

We started a new tradition where John stays the night at GG and Papa's the night before Thanksgiving. I was a little hesitant about giving up that special moment of waking up Thanksgiving morning with John. But then I remember all the amazing memories I have of staying at my Grandparents. Especially with my Grandpa Dick passing away, those were some of my favorite times! It actually worked out well. Sean and I were leaving for the Ozarks early Friday morning, and I had shopping to get done Thursday night. So it gave me a chance to pack...child free. I even showered and got ready in record time. I don't know why it took me so long to get ready before John. :)

Got to hang with my cousins Wednesday Night! So good to see them!

Cousin Tyler...Love him!


We headed to my moms to get John, and dress him for the day. Then headed to my Grandparents. It is amazing to be there, in the house I grew up with, the house that holds many favorite holidays. Where everyone helps, talks like we hadn't just seen each other the night before, and filled our belly's with no only good food but many many laughs.
It is quite hard to get a good picture of this wild man



He loved dinner, sitting in the high chair instead of my lap..not so much :)

The things we do to make our kids happy when they are tired! 



I sent Sean and John home to nap after lunch. Have I told you before how much I love living so close to family? I received this text from Sean about a 1/2 hour after he left...




The boys napped and I hit GAP for some Black Friday sales with the girls. I got some good deals, even tried on clothes!  We are a true GAP family. They are the only jeans I have worn for about 10 years now,they have the cutest boy clothes, and the best kids jammies!

I headed home after GAP and we literally just laid around. We had pizza for dinner, did a few things around the house, packed the truck for the trip to the Ozarks. I had these big plans to take John down to the lighting ceremony downtown, but after relaxing at home I decided maybe we can find a different tradition on a day that isnt' so crazy.

I headed out to hit the stores for Black Thursday...I hate calling it Friday considering its now Thursday. I hit Walmart, Target, and Carters, and managed to get EVERYTHING!! I was home and in bed by 11pm!! Woot Woot

We headed out early Friday Morning for the Ozarks. The car was packed with way too much stuff, a tired little boy who I was hoping would sleep majority of the time. WRONG.!!! John only slept about a half hour when we left and a half hour before we got there! But he did beyond GREAT, thank you for that little man!
Daddy driving..loved watching the sunrise

Sleeping with Lenny

Getting comfy in his car seat..

Watching Baby Einstein 

GGMA makes the best food!! We were not starving at any point! 

Playing/Screaming

Just relaxing..

Lake of the Ozarks is beautiful! Even when its cold! 




Coloring on the way home

Whats going on up here dad! 

Please stop taking my picture!! 


We spent an AMAZING weekend with Sean's Grandparents, who we don't see often enough! We were spoiled the whole time with the most amazing food, and greatest company!! Such a relaxing, awesome weekend!!

John loves you so much GGMA and we do too!

Playing with GGPA



GGMA and GGPA....

WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE HOW GRATEFUL WE ARE TO YOU FOR HAVING US DOWN. THANKS FOR SUCH AN AWESOME WEEKEND. WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN!! HOPEFULLY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER! 

LOVE YOU!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment