Wednesday, November 28, 2012

One year Anniversary..

It has been  one year since we baptized John into the church. It's hard to believe that it has only been a year! Although we are not the most religious people on the planet we do have a love for God that is our own. John and I have been practicing how to say Amen, its really adorable watching him watch my lips and try to figure out how to say it. We still say our prayers every night, and thank God for everything that he has blessed our life with. John always just listens and knows that once I am done with the prayer he goes in his crib, too smart!!





So in honor of his Anniversary (yesterday) we lit his baptismal candle. I can't remember where I read that you were supposed to light it every year, or if I just made it up. I am pretty sure I read it somewhere though.  He was completely fascinated by it because I actually let him hold it (before I lit it) and the flame after I lit it. 






When the candle was lit we thanked Jesus for everything the has done, everything that he has blessed up with, and prayed for the next year. We also sent a picture to John's Godparents telling them Happy Anniversary :) We are lucky to have each of them in our life. Not just for John but for us as a family. 

You can see the blog about the baptism Here

Here is to many many MANY more baptism annviersaries. I hope that Mommy can get the family to church more this next year :) I promise I will try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment