Friday, December 2, 2011

John's Baptism, Thanksgiving, and More!!

Well today marks that our little man is 11 weeks old! We have been busy busy the passed couple weeks and they are only going to get busier now that the holidays have officially started!

John is growing like a weed! I swear he is getting longer by the day. When I leave him and come back I swear he has gotten bigger just in the few hours I am away. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with him and watch him grow day by day. John is getting over his first cold :( I can't believe the amount of panic that went through my mind dealing with it. My mom said that it is harder on the mom than the baby and she is soo right! I watched him for hours making sure he was still breathing and able to breathe! He on the other hand could have cared less!! He wasn't crabby at all, which I thought for sure he would be. If it wasn't for the congestion you would have never even known he was sick! Trust me I know how lucky I am :)

We had a busy busy Thanksgiving as we tried to see everyone for the holiday. We weren't able to see everyone but we did try our hardest! It is different how having a kid makes the holidays more necessary to see family, but at the same time make you put your own family first rather than anyone else. We have our own little family now so it is necessary for us to understand that! Although, it is quite hard because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Why must they have Thanksgiving and Christmas in the winter months when the weather can turn bad in an instance?! Then again it was 73 this Thanksgiving so someone upstairs was looking out for us! Here are a few pictures from our Thanksgiving!


His Thanksgiving Day Outfit!! 

Our 1st Thanksgiving as a family!

My mom is so awesome with John!! Words don't describe how much it melts my heart to see him excited to see her. She knows just what he needs and actually listens to what I have to say when it comes to dealing with him. I am sure it helps that we are pretty much identical!! John now recognizes her voice to the point that when she calls I put the phone up to him, she talks to him and he smiles and talks back!! It's crazy and has happened too many times to count!! He is so lucky to have such an awesome GG, and I am sure she feels the same way as she has been waiting for him for a LONG TIME! 



This picture melts my heart! This probably one of 15 that I took and its my favorite! Charise looks so happy with all of her Grandbabies!! And they are all doing their own thing :) I love how Brad is looking at John like ya I know this is nuts!! John is lucky to have such amazingly cute and awesome cousins!! Can't wait for him to be up and running around with them!! Well maybe I can!!


John got baptized through our church on November 27, 2011. It was such an amazing experience. We did a private ceremony as our families put together are more than 50 people!! Plus a few of our closest friends. We picked out his Godparents before he was even here. As I knew who I wanted many many years ago. These are  people who were influential in my life and I know will ALWAYS be there for John. It's hard picking out people who are going to be apart of your child's life for the long run. John was baptized by Pastor Larry. He actually married my parents, and baptized both my brother and myself! He left the church years ago but somehow found his way back, and back into our lives. It was neat to hear him talk about baptizing me. John wore my brother's outfit that he was baptized in. So cool my mom saved this! Way to be organized GG ;) He then was wrapped in a blanket that my Grandma Carol knitted for him. She got the yarn from England and according to her it is the best and had to be shipped over on boat not plane!! She took it with her while she traveled so it has been all over the US! This is something that will be staying in our family for years to come!!
We were honored to have everyone participate inthe baptism. John is so lucky to have people there to support him through his spiritual journey. We appreciate everyone who came more than they will ever know!! Here are a few pictures from the big day! 
Wasn't a fan of the outfit or being on the table!! 



I bet in 20 years I am going to be kicking myself for wearing my hair like this. I am sure John will say seriously mom what were you thinking!! 


Brooke is my cousin on my mom's side. She has grown into such a beautiful person!! I still remember her mom telling me she was pregnant with her! John is lucky to have her as his Fairy Godmother! 

Allison has been the sister I have never had! Well now I have one but at one point I did not! We have been through thick and think and have always been able to continue our friendship! John is lucky to have her as his Fairy Godmother!!

Joey is my older brother. He is going to be the best role model for John! Joey and I haven't always got along the best but over the years I have gained more and more respect for the person he has become. John is lucky to call him his Godfather and his Uncle Joey!!

Wow this is quite the long blog today but so much has been going on that I didn't want anyone to miss a minute of it!! Here are just a few random pictures! 
John got this bib in the mail from his Great Grandma Dana!!

Tabyn 

Trenton

Tallen The boys do great with John!!

At Playdaze with the boys!!

Showing his GUNS!!

So sweet!

All smiles!!
This picture melts my heart! This is my Grandpa Frank with John. I love the way that he looks at John! He gets a smile on his face every time I bring John around! I just wish my other Grandpa was here to meet him. But I know that he is part of the team that sent us John!! 

I will leave with this thought I say to myself everyday....

I don't know what Sean and I did that was great enough for God to bring us John, but I know that I am glad I did it because I couldn't feel more privileged to be John's Mommy!! I think we are the luckiest parents in the whole world!! 

Much Love to Everyone and Enjoy the Holidays!!



No comments:

Post a Comment