Thursday, January 10, 2013

Everyday Life

Everyday life in this house means...

Non stop cleaning, non stop playing, non stop living.

I try to do something fun with John atleast once a day. Sometimes it's special outings, sometimes it's hanging in our pj's all day.  Sometimes it's not doing anything but focusing on the one thing that is most important, John. Rewind, I do that every second of the day but some days I don't care that there are finger prints all over my tv, that the dishes from breakfast are still in the sink, that every toy is out of the toy box  and  thrown through out the house,  that the blog isn't updated, or that I have 4 unread text messages on my phone. Those are my true favorite days, where the whole world gets shut out and it is just John and I, and Daddy over his lunch break. These days don't happen very often but when they do its enough to make me stop and enjoy that moment. These moments where it is just the two of us won't be here forever. One day he will have to share me with another sibling. If we are blessed with another one I should say. And then one day I am going to have to share him with school, followed by sports, then college, and eventually a wife and kids.  So I am trying to make the most of our days together, and here are just a few of the things we have been doing..

We break the rules 



Try to be an electrician  and plug and unplug your monitor 

Play games on Mommy's phone 

Stand on the furniture 

Play cool

Read books



Giggle after bath time 

Put on your shoes and take them off a million times 

Watch Finding Nemo, your all time favorite movie 



Feed Mommy your sippy 

Throw fits

Go on Dates 


One date day we went to the Children s museum and made pizza

played the piano

Flew airplanes
Colored a super hero cape

Drove a John Deere


Became a super hero



We had doughnut breakfast date in the truck

Picked out hats for Daddy

Had a special "fat kid" lunch

Went and played outside

Went sledding

Observed the world

Thought Mommy was being weird 

Smiled for the camera

Laughed at Mommy



Warmed up with some watered down hot chocolate and fresh blueberry muffins 

Threw a fit when it was time to come inside

ate your dinner on my lap, as usual 

Watch tv like such a big boy

Threw fits in the grocery store when I won't let you walk around 

Have play dates with a few of our favorites


Thanks for making everyday of my life even more fun, unpredictable, and perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment