Saturday, February 15, 2014

Potty training John

You read the right, the time has officially come to get our oldest boy potty trained. He will be 2 1/2 next month so I thought we should really give it a go. Much to my suprise it has been a pretty good success!! 

Way to go John David! Yet again you have completely surprised me by your smart little brain! Sometimes you make things seem too easy that I get nervous but your rocking it!

We started Monday after my birthday because well let's face it I wanted to enjoy my bday. 

We went through 6 pairs of underwear before nap time but before nap you finally went pee pee in the potty. I was so excited that I was jumping up and down. Your face was beyond hilarious looking at me like I had officially gone off the deep end. 


When you got up from nap you were ready for your big boy undies. You stayed dry the whole rest of the day! You even showed daddy how you could pee on the potty! Oh and you even #2'd!! 

Mommy did figure out a time schedule to get you to go, every hour we tried to go potty if you didn't go we tried a 1/2 hr later. If you went potty you got a cookie and if you tried you got 1/4 of a cookie. You pretty much ate cookies all day but well it was one day and who cares! 

 Oh did I mention this Is how you go potty? Yup not sure where you learned this. Part of me believes you really think your a monkey and your supposed to go potty like this. Tuesday and Wednesday you stayed dry and in your underwear all day. Naptime you woke up dry too.

Enjoying your special treat for staying dry all day! 
 

Thursday we decided to venture out, and you stayed dry while we were gone. Even though mommy forgot to take you potty. Thanks for that, it's going to take some adjusting to remember you need to use the bathroom. But you fell asleep in the car and when we got home I laid you down and put a diaper on you so you could nap. Well turns out you pooped and peed in your diaper. But you didn't say dry after nap! 

Friday we went and played at the mall for valentines day and you stayed dry the whole time. You even pottied in a big potty at the mall! Don't worry I didn't let you climb up there like a monkey, I held you which was quite awkward. The same thing happened as the day before you stayed dry and we came home and you pooped when I put your diaper on. 

Luckily I knew some regression happens when potty training. And let's be real here, you are rocking the potty training thing. I do have to remind you to go but your 2 and are new to this whole peeing in the potty gig! 

We are so proud of you on becoming a big boy! Keep up the good work my handsome big boy! 

PS your by far the cutest little underwear model ;) I can't get over your boxer briefs!


















No comments:

Post a Comment