Tuesday, March 18, 2014

2 1/2 and 2 1/2

Well we have two boys who are both 2 1/2!! John turned 2 1/2 years on Sunday and Broc turned 2 1/2 months on Monday!! 

At first I thought I was being a bit of a crazy mom when I thought I needed to celebrate these two milestones together. But then I realized this will be the only time in their lives that this will happen! So it is important. Any of you moms laugh at the things our brain comes up with when we are laying in bed at night or driving down the road? 

John David,
 I can't believe your 2 1/2! It actually means your closer to 3 than I'd like to think. You are such a big boy these days and aren't really much of a toddler anymore. 



Here's some fun facts about you..

I put you in your first 3t pjs last night, it's crazy they fit you! It's so odd to me shopping and buying 3t clothes. 

Your little waist is still tiny! I put 2t pants on you for church Sunday and we had to put them on the smallest adjustable waist hole! And they were high waters. 

 You are  still long and skinny! 

You are wearing a size 9 shoe! 

You like to say the "f" word. We are working on this, yesterday you were put down for nap early bc you wouldn't stop saying it. 



We are signing you up for kids day out in the fall. Bittersweet moment for mommy but the pros of you going outway the sadness In my heart of you going. It's only from 9-1130 one day a week so it shouldn't be too bad. It will give your brother n I some time to hang out just the two of us. Just like you and mommy used to do. 

You are a total wild child, when you get hyper I swear people get scared. Including mommy

But when you are ready to snuggle you're the sweetest boy on the planet! 

You love playdoh but lately have had more fun throwing it across the kitchen. 

You love to color and are constantly making circles. We are working on drawing squares and triangles. 

You know all your colors, and shapes. It is not uncommon for us to be driving and you tell me look mommy a circle or look mommy an octagon 

You love the water tower and spot them from far away! 

You can sing the whole ABCs and I catch you doing it quite a bit

You have turned into a bed time monster, we are having the hardest time getting you to go to bed. 

You are doing pretty good potty training. You're only two I can expect perfection, right? :) 


You still suck your thumb but really only do it when your going to sleep or are in your car seat. 

You are Mommys biggest helper! You "help" me do the dishes, laundry, vacuum, and pick up toys

You love your baby brother Broc! You are constantly talking to him or about him. We've only had a few incidents where you either hit him or head butted him. 

Your time outs are in your roomn and it only takes one time of going to your room to know we aren't bluffing anymore. 

You are a growing growing boy and we couldn't be happier that you are OURS! 






Broc Thomas, 

It's hard to believe that 10 weeks have flown by already. You are the greatest addition to our family. You made our family perfect! 



You are trying so hard to suck your thumb, mommy is trying everything to have you not! 

You sleep ALL night, like go to bed at 10pm And get up at 8am.


You're still in our bedroom in the rock n play. I'm not sure when you will get to go to your own room , I'm ok with you right next to me. 

You poop at least once a day if not multiple times a day. 

Your hair has a tint of red to it, which I love. It reminds me of your little brothers hair. I think you'll  be a little toe head too bc the new hair coming in is blonde blonde! 

We call you our tank, bc honey YOU ARE SOLID! For not eating meals all night you amaze me how big you are. 


Everyone says you look like Mommy, which is so nice to hear. But I defiantly see some of your dad in you. 

You still resemble John, but you look quite a bit different!  

You are quite the mamas boy. Which is to be expected I rarely leave you unless I have to! 

I'm guaranteed a smile when I say "hello my handsome son" or "good morning handsome boy" even when you can't see me you smile! It's melts Mommys heart



You are super hard to get to sleep at night, there is no explanation needed its just hard and by the end we are both exhausted. 

You like to take your naps in my arms. We are working on fixing this. As much as I love holding you mommy has stuff to do :) 

We love having you be apart of our special little family, you were the missing piece we never knew we were missing until you came. 


Mommy loves both you boys beyond words. I love that I get to be your mommy and thank God every day for it! Even the hard days are worth every second! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment