Thursday, September 18, 2014

You are Three (John)

You at 6 months...I could look at your baby pictures for days! 

Dear John,


This letter is coming in a few days late because Mommy needed to really wrap her head around how you are 3 now. I am sure you are sick of reading about how I can't get over how fast you have grown up. But seriously it is true!! I feel like just yesterday I was meeting you for the first time. Admiring your newness, your smell, your beautiful face, your perfect little toes, and getting to know you. Two was a big year for us. We learned a lot about each other. It was another year of firsts, watching you grow from a toddler to a little boy, and learning to share your mommy and daddy. So, I am going to try to keep this letter to you as "tear free" as I can.

Let's start with becoming a big brother. You my handsome, sweet boy have become the best big brother I could have ever hoped for. I worried and prayed all my pregnancy that you would be a good big brother, and know that we still loved you. My prayers were not only answered but you have exceeded any of my dreams of the "perfect" big brother. Now, I am not saying there aren't times you are a little rude to Broc or selfish when it comes to toys, or hit him to just be mean. I will never expect perfect from you, only you trying your best and learning from your mistakes. You may not even realize how you are always watching Broc. If Broc isn't in the room you are asking where he is. "Oh Broc's sleeping Mommy." When you leave to go somewhere and Broc isn't going with you, you always ask "Where's Broc?" GG came and took you for a few hours and left Broc here, and I heard you ask her "What about Broc?" You really do love him. You love to hold him, even though now he isn't that much smaller than you. You love to make him laugh. If you do take a toy away from him you are pretty good about giving him something instead (sometimes Mommy and Daddy have to remind you). We have a book we read to you before bed called Big Brothers are the Best, and John David You are the Best Big Brother Broc could ever hoped for. I can't wait to see how much fun you two have now that he is mobile!


We have learned a lot about you this year. I wouldn't expect any child of mine not to have a little "tude" but man o man do you have a big one!  You are not afraid to tell someone if you like something or not, you aren't afraid to tell someone to stop if they are bothering you, you aren't afraid to tell us "no, mommy don't say that." Maybe the reason 3 is so trying is because you now voice your opinion! I love  it though, I love that you have strong beliefs in what you want. One days these will turn into good morals and I hope then you are just as passionate.

You are a picky eater. Seriously, you would eat chicken nuggets for every meal.  You pretty much don't eat a whole lot to begin with but if we make something that you like you will down it. Your favorite restaurant is Elbee's, surprise surprise I know. Your favorite lunch is chicken nuggets and chips. For breakfast you love blueberry muffins. You still don't drink pop or juice. Our days of white milk are slowly fading into just chocolate milk. I am not sure how this happened because I swore it wouldn't. You love water. If you aren't drinking milk its water. Your  Favorite snacks, well anything! You are quite the snacker, goldfish, fruit snacks, cookies, animal crackers, crackers.0

You can ride a bike, with training wheels, count to 25, sing your abc's, sing numerous songs but my personal favorite is happy birthday in polish (Viva Viva), you love reading your books, you love super heros (spiderman, hulk smash, captain america, etc) you really don't watch much tv but there for awhile you were obsessed with umizoomi, You love playing with the neighbor kids, at times you can be a bit much for them but they are always so nice to you. You are ALL BOY, you love t0 get rough, wrestle, be loud, but NOT get dirty! You are obsessed with the Ipad and we have to hide it from you at times because you could watch it for hours!

You still go to bed with your nemo blanket, and you can say our prayers all by yourself. Lately, we have been praying a lot for captain america and spiderman. I guess even superheros need someone to pray from them, and you have that covered! You are still a mama's boy and I hope that never changes. You are such a sweet little boy always using your manners.

We love watching you grow into such a sweet little boy, but don't feel like there is a rush to grow up because I am ok with you being little for a while longer! Can't wait to see what the next year brings for you!

Love LoVe LOVE You,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment