Dear Broc,
It’s hard to believe that you are a year
old and a year ago I was writing a letter to you in anticipation of meeting
you. I now know you, my arms don’t long to hold you, and I can’t ever get
enough of you.
You have taught Mommy so many things
in the last year. Your one tiny year has given me more smiles than I could hope
for in a whole lifetime. Your little
laugh can brighten the saddest of days. Your small tantrums remind me that you
are your own little person who knows what he wants, when he wants it and even
if you can’t find the words to say it you will let us know how to get it.
Some fun
things about you.
You are funny,
I mean seriously funny. You make everyone
around you laugh at your silly facial expressions, your fun personality, and
the way you do things. There isn’t a day that goes by that you haven’t made
someone laugh.
You are loved,
not just a little loved you are loved by so many people I don’t think I could
even remember everyone. Enjoy this
feature in your life because not everyday with everyone is guaranteed.
You are so
calm and content. I have never seen such a more laid back baby. You will play
for hours by yourself in the basement. You usually check in to let us know you
are there and then go back to doing your own thing. You let anyone hold you and always have
smiles for people even if they have an unfamiliar face.
You are
active. You are always walking, running and moving around. You rarely sit in
one place for long. I can say I don’t think you have even watched a tv program
for longer than 30 seconds. Your favorite toys are balls, you are constantly
throwing, kicking or carrying one.
You have 8
teeth and are working on your molars. Which is crazy to mommy because your big
bro didn't have nearly that amount at your age.
You love to eat! This is self explanatory but seriously I'm not sure its possible for you to be full.
You and Your
brother. This is something that can make me cry just thinking about it. You two
love each other and are the best of friends. You fight, you play and you love
hard. You both get excited to see each other every morning. John may have a different way of showing you
how much he loves you but he loves you beyond words. He is so glad to have a
little brother to play with, to make laugh and someone to one day complain
about his parents with.
As I think back on the last year of
your life I can’t help but think about all the big milestones that seemed soo
big at the time but all seem to blend together.
Sitting up for the first time by yourself, turned into crawling which
turned into walking which is now running. Your first year goes by so fast and you
learn so much. I have loved watching every new step you have taken to turn into
our little man.
My advice to you on your 1st
birthday.
Believe in yourself, you can do
whatever you put your mind to.
Believe in God, he has given you
amazing blessings in your life that you don’t even realize.
Believe in the Power of Prayer, if you
want evidence prayers can be answered look in the mirror because I prayed for
you.
Believe there is good in the
world. A lot of people do bad things
that make the good things go unnoticed. It is there just keep looking for it.
Believe in love. Because of love there is you, because of love
you are surround by cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, and great
grandparents.
Believe in Your Brother. One day it
will be the two of you versus the world. No matter what happens he will always
have your back, and you will always have his.
Believe in being a gentleman. Use your manners, say nice things to people,
let ladies go first. If the girls start to give you a hard time about it just
ignore them. Women’s movements are a
little ridiculous these days.
Believe in Me. I will always be here
for you, to support you, to love you, to cheer you on, to hold you, to kiss your owies away
(even at 30 if you’d let me), to show you right and wrong, to teach you, to
embrace you, and to enjoy every single thing about you.
Broc Thomas Godsey you have made me a
better person, a better mommy and a bigger believer in the God than I could
have ever imagined. So on your first birthday I thank you for being you because
without you I wouldn't know just how blessed I am.
Love Always and Forever
mommy
Two of my favorite pictures of us! Here's to a whole life more!
Want to read about your birth story... click here
No comments:
Post a Comment