Tuesday, January 17, 2012

4 months

Well our little man is offically 4 months old!! I love watching all the new things he is doing and how fast and smart he is! You read all these books trying to prepare yourself for "Life with a kid," but nothing compares to actually living it!! Here are just a few of the new things he has learned and done this month!!
Had our first playdate with Bode!! Bode is 9 days older than John and is such a sweet boy! Can't wait to see all the trouble they get into when they are older :) 

Staring at Mommy while playing in the Jumperoo

Love his little feet

Chewing on his thumb...by FAR HIS FAVORITE THING TO DO

Making Funny Faces :)

Smiling at Mommy :) 

Sucking his thumb to fall asleep


Sleeping in his swing with his blankie and thumb 

Play time with Daddy!! Although Sean doesn't get to spend as much time with John as we all would like when they do they have so much fun.  

Learning how to grab at toys! So exciting watching him try and figure the toys out!  

Gansta Baby..yes I know he's in GAP :)


Lol he looks like a toddler in this picture! This is one of the pics I sent to Sean who was working at the bar one night! I said look how your son is sitting in his bouncer, I think we both got a good chuckle!

John had his first ear infection in both ears this past week. Nothing is worse than not knowing what is wrong you with your little one! NOTHING

He is able to hit his toys on his jumperoo so they spin! I thought he was doing it on accident until I saw him do it multiple times! Smart Boy! 



A few other things he is doing...giving kisses (not on command but if he is feeling nice he will, its really cute: )) sitting up, (he isn't able to do it 100% but himself but he can sit up in his bouncer and sit for atleast a minute) rolling from side to side, (yesterday he rolled over but somehow I missed it, and he hasn't done it since) throwing fits (yes he still does this, but they are more frequent and usually happen when its time to burp!!) Sleeping in his crib, in his OWN room (yes I know I can't believe it either, but since we have done it he is sleeping through the night!) 

Sean asked me last night, "How does it feel being in control." I started laughing and said "What do you mean." He said "In control of knowing what John wants all the time, like you know how to calm him down no matter what is wrong with him." I thought for a second and tried to find the words to explain it. I still can't find the right words but I responded with, "I love that I am the one who he wants to calm him down, or when he is mad, but at times I get frustrated because I don't know what he wants, but I love him and have wanted him my whole life that it just makes everything worth it at the end of the day." I remember thinking man that was good because it is true I am not a perfect Mom, I do get frustrated but every morning I am excited for him to wake up and am grateful I get to spend the day with him :) 

Here's to a whole lifetime together John.......I love you

Holding Mommy's Hand :)


No comments:

Post a Comment