Wednesday, January 11, 2012

BERNIE making DREAMS come TRUE!!

Odd Name For My Post You Think? Well here she is..Introducing Bernie my brand new sewing machine!!!
 

If you would  have asked me a year ago if I would  be excited about getting a sewing machine or even having a sewing machine I would have LAUGHED for days about it. But with some help (alot) from my Grandma and Grandpa, I am the proud owner of a sewing machine..Bernie!! Why would I want a sewing machine you ask? Well I am obsessed with these tie shirts for John and as I have discovered they are pretty easy to make. To a point!! Also I have been quite obsessed with pinterest and have vowed to start making everything that I have pinned!! Wish me luck because I have a lot of things pinned. The main reason is because I am looking to start my own business. As I was driving home one night I thought to myself what can I do that will bring our family money but still have me be at home with them! Then bam I thought I should open a baby boutique, with my clothes and a variety of other things! As this is just in the first stages (the dreaming process) it is something that I think could be a huge hit. Mainly because all of the botiques out there are all organic this and recycled that. Not that I am against anything of these things, why wouldn't I want a better environment for my son? But that just makes me want to scream thinking about going into some place where they are going to harp on me for using disposable diapers (I know HOW DARE I!!!) lol 

So in the process of making my dream come true, I officially made my first article of clothing to acknowledge that I can really do this.. 




It's not perfect by any means but its a start!!! John's Valentine's Day Shirt :)


Bernie and her first project!! Way to go Bernie!! 


I have a few more sizes I am going to try and master. But if you want or need one of these for someone you know, let me know!! I am in need of getting the word out about my new business, well when I come up with a name :) Wish me luck on my newest adventure!! And Welcome Bernie to the Family!


No comments:

Post a Comment