Sean's Ompa passed away Wednesday Janurary 18. As the family struggles to deal with the lose of yet another family member, it reminds me just how precious life is. I have never understood why people go through so much sadness when they lose a loved one. I lost my Grandpa 6 years ago and I swear I still think of him on a regular basis and when I do I always cry. Why is when we think of these loved ones we cry? Why wouldn't we smile thinking of all the fun times we shared with them? I still can remember the night my Grandpa told me to stop eating all those peanut butter cups otherwise I was going to get sick. After about 10 of them there I was riding in the car with my Grandpa taking me home because I ate too many I was getting sick!! All I could think was man I shouldn't have ate that last one. Who would have known that 20 years later that would be one of my favorite memories of our relationship.
Grandparents are so special to their Grandkids and with the lose of one makes it that much more important to cherish the times and memories we have been given. Great Grandparents are even more special than Grandparents. I know what a wonderful man Ompa was and how caring he was towards Sean, myself and John. We were lucky enough to know him and more lucky to call him our Ompa. We don't know how long we have on this green earth but we need to start taking advantage of it! As we say goodbye to Ompa here in the next day, with all the tears that will be shed I hope a few smiles will be in the mix because I know he is up there smiling away :)
Until we meet again Ompa I know that John and everyone has gained another Guardian Angel....
John with his Ompa (Great Grandpa, Christmas 2011)
No comments:
Post a Comment