This is what a bag of carrots makes, John eats about a jar (4oz) of veggies for lunch. I read about how to freeze the food in ice cube trays and then put them in a ziploc bag. Brillant idea and saves time.. Now I just have to get ahead of the game and stock up on veggies!
A stub of brocoli makes up these. He hasn't tried them yet but I think he will like them!
This is what he does while I cook...that thumb sure is good!
This is what 4 bananas make
I boil certain food...
2 bananas and 2 mango made this much
I love this baby bullet!!
playing with tupperware, such a good boy!
I bake his sweet potatoes! The skin just falls off it!
What I have learned so far....
**Fruit is HARD to get all the "good stuff" out of without getting all sticky
** Having John eat fresh veggies has helped Sean and I eat healthier
**The amount of money I save is impressive
**I can buy Johns food to make for the week for under 4 or 5 dollars and a jar of organic baby food run about 84 cents at Target! He eats about 1-2 jars at each meal!
**I enjoy the foods that don't take a lot of effort to make. As much as I love to make his food sometimes it is hard to find the time when you have a baby who is demanding your full attention!
**One hard thing to do it heat up the food when you aren't at home. I was in Okoboji a couple weekends ago and the place we went to lunch didn't have a microwave..I said to my Grandpa that I would just have to feed John some of my food bc his food was frozen. In true Grandpa style he instructed me to go into the bathroom and run the jar under hot water like they did in the olden days......BRILLANT Grandpa!
Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment