Those 3 words...
A
CLEAN
HOUSE
I am not sure if I will ever know what that means!
We moms know that this is something that may have happened before parentdhood took over every minute of everyday.
As a working mom with not one (watching 1-2 kids during the day M-F) but two (varsity 3 nights a week) having a clean house seems quite impossible. A couple weeks ago everyday I kept looking around staring at my house thinking..when is the last time I dusted, or even scrubbed the toilets for that matter? Days begin to turn to weeks and the next thing I know I am wasting one of my fabulous days off spending 6 hours cleaning in between John playing, eating and sleeping. Lucky for me he is a good baby who doesn't need me to sit and play with him every second,but thats what I want to do. I would rather be playing and enjoying him rather than making sure his surroundings are "clean."
This is what my house looks like on a daily basis
So I decided enough was enough, John doesn't want me cleaning, nor does he care if his house is clean; he wants a Mommy who sits and plays with him instead of her scrubbing a toilet. Plus when John goes to dream land, I am not too far behind him. Also bedtime means that I can actually talk to Sean without thinking about John the whole time. With us both working so much we don't get very much down time to actually have a conversation.
So I went searching for a way to help me deal with this craziness of cleaning my house. And I didn't have to look very hard thanks to PINEREST! I found this cleaning schedule, that breaks down the overall cleaning into daily cleanings!! BRILLIANT
Here it is...
Ok so I am on week 3 of doing this and HOLY MOLY has it saved my life. I literally can do everything (minus laundry) while John is napping. For those moms that aren't able to work from home this is something that maybe you could do after the kids go to bed or even before you leave for work or combine days so you are able to enjoy your little ones. I know after I leave John, even if it is for 15 mins to run to the store, all I want to do when I get back is to hug and kiss and play with him! Or even ask your significant other to help. Yes, easier said than done but when I explained this to Sean he was willing to help!! I even was able to get him to fold the towels one night ;)
Thanks Babe!!!
Someday's I don't feel like cleaning, plain and simple, so I just do 2 days the following day. It has worked out quite well. The first week it took a bit of deep cleaning, it had been longer than I thought since I last cleaned. But now its quite easy, a quick run through of everything and its done. I get to enjoy John, and the other kids, instead of freaking out about how am I ever going to find time to do all this cleaning!!
Hope this helps someone else as much as it helped me!! I'm off to get these crazy kids up from nap!!
Enjoy Your Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment