Friday, September 21, 2012

You are One!!

Dear John,

We made it!! A whole year you have embraced us with your unconditional love, your trust in us being the best parents to you and spoiling us every single day with YOU!!! I have been dreading doing this post, not because I don't want to write a letter to you, (this will never be a problem). I think it is more that I know that it will have really sunk it in your 1!! (And I know there will be tears as they have already begun to fall). I don't know why I have been so emotional when it has come to you being one, I should be embracing that you have reached a new stage in your short life. Which trust me I am, its just hard to believe how fast it has gone and you are no longer a baby but a toddler. Anyways lets just get to it...

At 1 you.....

Still only have 2 teeth, they say the older you are when you get teeth the stronger they are. I hope this is true :)

Can say...Da Da...Momma...GG..Ba Ba...Lia (the little girl mommy watches)....Uh Oh... Buh Bye....Up..and your newest word PaPa..

You can sign..More..Eat...Bye Bye (wave) you have done Eat and Thank You a few times but not as much as the others.

You know your shoes mean we are going bye bye and you RUN towards the stairs to wait for me

You can climb the stairs super fast!! Your newest thing to stop and clap for yourself after every stair. Although it's time consuming I just let you because you are so proud!

You LOVE to clap!! You clap after I sing you a song, or after someone else sings you a song for that matter

We haven't gone to your 1 year check up because you have been sick and I won't get your shots if you have been sick. I am going to guess you are about 21 lbs, still small but you have quite the belly. Which is ADORABLE

You are such a laid back boy! I can't get over how lucky we are..for that I thank you!

When you are about to do something naughty, you give the look that shows you are going to do something you aren't supposed to.

You still take two naps a day, about 2 hours in the morning and an 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon!

You go to bed about 8/830 and sleep until 630/7

I still have the video monitor on you and check on you multiple times in the night, I wonder if that will every change. I promise I will take it out of your room by the time your 18, does that sound ok? :)

You LOVE music and dancing! Anytime there is a song on you are doing your "squat" dance and clapping your hands. I love that you love music, nothing better than listening to good music to make your day better! Right now we are watching the voice and its quite clear who is good and who isn't. If they are good you stop whatever you are doing and begin dancing and then clap when they are done. If they stink they you don't even acknowledge them. Do you know something Mommy doesn't?

When Mommy sings la la la la you will repeat it with your own la la la la  in a voice that I know you are singing! It makes me giggle every time!

You are a total boy...You have to investigate everything!! You flip toys upside down to get the bottom, you spin the wheels of your toys around to see how they are moving, you make noises when you push your tractors and cars around.

You love footballs, basketballs, volleyballs, anything you are throw or carry around.

Changing your diaper is QUITE the challenge as you can't sit still long enough for me to do it. Your dad swears its only when your poopy that you wiggle and put your hands in the poop. Its funny to listen to your dad change your pants while you are doing this. Mainly because I can tell how extremely annoyed he is that you keep fighting him, while both you and mommy are laughing :) Thanks for that, just remember only do that for daddy not mommy

You hate getting into your carseat and are so strong that it's a battle between you and mommy. Sometimes I have to brib you with going to GG's house in order to get you to lean back and let me buckle you.

You have been off of the bottle for almost a week now, with no problems!! Sippy's leak a lot more than bottles...just an FYI

You have adjusted to whole milk instead of breast milk. I was sad to pack away my pump but MAN it's nice to not have to do it! I am so glad I was able to give you the best for the first year. Anything to make sure you get the best is my goal :)

I have enjoyed watching you evolve into such a sweet, fun, loving, caring, crazy boy. I hope that the every year is as eventful and fufilling as the last. The best part about you? I get to keep you FOREVER!!


 I do wish a few things for you...

1. You find your faith in God. I can't force this on you but I will give you the steps to find it. We owe him a lot and have been blessed with more than you may know right now but one day you will understand. Trust in him to give you the tools you will need to live a successful life. Faith is the thing I had a hard time with until I had you. Then I realized that he has such a bigger and better plan that I could have ever imagined.

2. Love your family. Not just Daddy and Mommy but your Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and cousins. They are there for life, even when you don't like them, they will still be there. You have been blessed with a big family. Take advantage of it!!

3. Love your friends. Mommy and Daddy have been blessed with great friendships. Mommy has had a few friends for over 15 years, which is over half of my life! Friendships take work because they aren't guaranteed like family. But in the end they will turn into family and people who will be at all the special events in your life.

4. Always LOVE, I don't think you will have a problem with this as you are my son. But love until you can't love anymore because one day when you don't think you can love anymore, you find yourself as a parent and can't imagine loving more..until the next day

5 Believe in yourself and you can achieve anything you set your mind to!

6. Don't chose the easy path, work hard for what you want

7. Set your goals high! Know that if you want it bad enough, it will be worth all the struggles you had to go through to get there.

8. Be close with Mommy and Daddy, remember we will always be here for you, no matter what. The love we feel for you it beyond belief. We are lucky to have you as much are you are lucky to have us. You are the most important thing in our life and always will be.

I love you to Heaven and Back Boo Boo!!

Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment