Friday, September 27, 2013

A mother of 2 boys...



Sometimes I am so scared to be a mother of 2 boys....

How will I love each of them equally?
  A true fear I think about everyday. Some days I forget that I am even pregnant! Luckily when #2      comes he will be here to cry and let me know he IS here! My friend JayCe explained it to me    perfectly  she said "You just grow another heart" This always calms me down when I really start to  thinking about it.

John will always be my first son, so will I always feel a more special bond with him?
   He was my first love, my first baby that grew inside of me, the first baby I gave birth to, and the       first baby I raised.

How am I ever going to give them each the attention they deserve?
    I am already trying to plan mommy play dates with each of them. So they each have a few hours  of Mommy and son time. I sure hope they pan out..lol

Will they gang up on me when they want to do stuff?
     I can only imagine when they want to go to the park. With how persistent John is I am scared of  how a second one will just join in.

After all the fear subsides and I am laying in bed thinking about our future as a family of 4, I get excited.

Excited that I am going to have..

 Two boys to give unlimited kisses too. Luckily, #2 won't be able to stop me for a year or two :)

Two boys who will love me unconditionally.

Two boys who will call me Mama and always know if they need something to come to me.

Two boys that I can watch learn from each other

Two boys that will one day play catch in the back yard.

Two boys who will grow up to be best friends, only a few years apart.

As we are less than 4 months until #2 (Still can't agree on a name, even though I am pretty sure I know what we will name him!) I am mostly excited to meet him. To love him, to hold him in my arms, to introduce him to his big brother, to show him how blessed we feel that he is joining our family.

Making us a family of 3 to a family of 4, and making me a Mother of 1 boy to a Mother of 2 boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment