Sunday, September 15, 2013

You are Two


Dear John, 

Happy Birthday to you! I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I am writing you a letter for your 2nd birthday. It's hard to believe two years ago I was impatiently waiting for your arrival. Thinking you were weeks away from actually coming, then in a blink of an eye you were in my arms. With the same blink you were crawling, immediately walking, turning one, talking, singing your ABC's, and now TWO! I am afraid to blink in fear you will be turning 18 and looking at colleges. 

You have discovered so many new things the past year. You can count to 20, but only if you want to! I asked you to what comes after 11 one day and you said "I not say 12!" This is a small glimpse into your strong will. You insist on doing things by yourself always saying "I do it, I do it!" Some things I am ok with you doing but other things are too dangerous for a little 2 year old to do. Part of the problem is Mommy, or Mama like you call me, doesn't mind doing things for you! One day you won't need me to wash your hair, or hold on to your trike as you fly down the driveway. I am trying to soak up every ounce of your childhood so when I look back I can say there isn't anything I would change about it. That's quite unrealistic but if I try my hardest then the regrets won't be as big. 

Some facts about you



You are so tiny in the waist but long. I bought you 18-24 month jeans for your bday and I put them on you for the party and they were too big! Right now you wear 12-18 month from Baby Gap or 18month from Carters. Shirts you wear 2T and they fit you perfectly. 

Gap and Carter's are the two go to brands that fit you the best. We have had some luck with a few other brands too but nothing like these two

You can throw a ball straight, to the target, and hard majority of the time. 

You can play catch for hours. 

You love to say prayers before bed and can even recite our second one. A couple times you have even asked to say them before nap time. To you it's just a ritual we do before bed, something only Mommy and John do. But to mommy it's the first chance for you have a relationship with God. To help remind you that he loves you and we need to be thankful for all he has given us. Because we live one blessed life little boy! 




You love to get tickled and tickle everyone else. You always giggle and say "tickle tickle tickle!" 

You still suck your thumb. You usually do it when you're going to sleep, nervous, or anytime you have your blankie.

You still have your favorite blanket, (blankie)  you sleep with it, and sometimes carry it around. 

You rarely fight Mommy to go to sleep. You are always good about taking a nap and many times have told us when it's time for bed. 

You get out of bed by yourself, open the door, come out and yell "mama" if I'm not upstairs 

You call out all vehicles when we are driving, "Motorcyle, school bus, big truck, police car, semi!" Sometimes you see them before mommy.

Your life will change so much this next year. You will become a big Brother and have to learn how to not only share your toys but share your Mommy and Daddy. This is going to be such a big thing in your life but like everything else I am sure you will handle it like a pro and adjust. You will get to be a ring bearer for the first time in Uncle Joey and Aunt Megan's wedding. Mommy can't wait to see how cute you are going to be going down the aisle and looking so handsome in your suit. You will learn how to potty in the toilet. This may be a battle but I think you will catch on quickly and obsess over it like you do many things.

 These are just a few of the things you will get to experience I am sure you will have an amazing year. I pray for no broken bones, may you know everyday I love you beyond words even when I am upset with your behavior, may you continue to learn new things. May you remember you should never hit people, even if they were mean first. 

I hope more than anything you continue to grow but stay our sweet, amazing, funny, talented, handsome, everything we could ever wish for and more, 
John David Godsey. 

Thanks again for choosing me to be your mommy I couldn't have wished for a better son! 

Love, 
Mama






















No comments:

Post a Comment