Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Good Friends

I know have said the saying "I have more than enough good friends, I don't need anymore." too many times.  Yes, I know I am a snot for saying something so rude. But honestly I have been blessed with some of the best friendships ever. Every time I have said the sang I wind up gaining another bestie! 

JayCe is one of those friends! Although we were brought together by a death of a friend and boyfriend.  I have been blessed to call her such a great friend for a handful of years. But every year I feel we get closer! Through the special moments we have been there; JayCe's engagement, Bar fights on her bachelorette party in a town of 100, being apart of her and Mike's beautiful wedding, late night catching up on dvred shows while having some cocktails. 





My favorite part of our friendship is going through Motherhood together. When she moved closer to her hometown, I was so sad. I remember thinking right when I am pregnant she moves!! How are our kids ever going to know each other? But we managed, well mostly her :) Through visits, Facebook, and sometimes phone calls that are usually filled with mass craziness from one of our children we are still able to know whats going on. 

I still remember when she was supposed to meet John, but we had to do John's newborn pictures so we weren't able to. She then told me she was pregnant with now Cohen!! So John would be right in the middle of her two beautiful children, Stella and Cohen. Then when I was supposed to meet Cohen, Stella had hand foot and mouth so I had to wait. When Cohen was 3 months old I finally was able to meet him.


Stella and John meeting for the first time

Meeting Mr. Cohen for the first time! 


Stella and John being besties! 

Getting on with the post...
This past weekend John, I and the AMAZING Mandi headed back to Oxford to see the Minarik's!! 
Boy did we have fun! We were able to take John to the farm! He loved loved loved it.
















Although the trip was way to short we were able to spend some quality "friend" and "kid" time! It is amazing how much I love her little ones! Its so fun to watch them play together! 

And thanks to JayCe I was able to gain another friendship! Mandi is one of those people that you count yourself lucky to know.  I am a better person for knowing her and even more lucky to call her a friend!! Thanks so much for riding with us to Oxford, and for helping out so much! Can't wait to hear the news of you being a Mommy!! Just remember they are just waiting to give you the perfect child!! 



And we can't forget about Mike!! JayCe's husband. Through the years you have become just as good of friend as JayCe has! Kind of like a package deal! Which I cherish! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of John and Mike. They were buddies all weekend! John would just sit and play with Mike for hours. John is pretty good at knowing who all the good ones are and he was right on about Mike! 


These next pictures crack me up!  Trying to get a 2, 1 and 5 month old to take a decent picture..pretty much impossible but HILARIOUS TO SEE!







Mike, JayCe, Stella and Cohen...

Thanks so much for having us out! We loved every second of it and glad we were able to make it! We need to make it happen more often. I love the small town dream you have made for yourself and your beautiful family. It is perfect in every way. I loved Stella's sassiness, Cohen's calmness, Mike's manliness, and your motherliness! Even when you get mad at me for bringing my own food, you know you still love me!  We can't wait to see you guys again and are already trying to figure out when we can make it happen! 




Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment